Is the torch passed from Kobe to King James?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jan 13, 2009.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Because he can hit an open jumper.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Not even close, Lebron James cant make free throws consistently or hit an open 18 footer consistently. Kobe is still the best since Jordan. Lebron doesnt understand the game as much as Kobe does at this point. Lebron is a great player and a genetic freak when it comes to his size and athleticism. But he still has alot to learn, he is going off of pure talent right now.
    Kobe understands the game alot more than Lebron does. He is the best player right now.

Great Thread and Debate, spot on.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Kobe has two things he hasn't been able to overcome:

1) He hasn't won without Shaq
    2) He'll never have the personality of Jordan, Shaq, Magic, James, and many other "stars"

His "legacy" will suffer due to both of these. I think the guy is an awesome player but don't think much of him as a person. It would be nice to see him pass the ball once in a while but I guess that's not going to happen.

He still may have a career in broadcasting if he wants it. You wouldn't think so but if Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin can be hired...anybody can do it.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

My vote is for Lebron.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

When the game is on the line, you want Lebron with the ball in his hands or Kobe?

No brainer for me, its Kobe 10 out 10 times.

6. bhelmLSU

My vote was not for who should get the ball with the game on the line but the overall skill set. I am seeing Lebron do things all over the court that Kobe was not doing at the same time in their respective careers. Lebron's unselfishness and leadership is just amazing at this stage as well.

My jaw drops on a regular basis when watching Lebron and it is not just when he is scoring points. Kobe it happens less when I am watching his games.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

I understand what you are saying, the unselfishness of Lebron is head and shoulders above Kobe.

8. bhelmLSU

Just to clarify, the unselfishness stuff I mentioned was a side note. That is not the only reason I vote for Lebron.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

I hope your not saying his skill set is better?

10. bhelmLSU

They are close but I do give Lebron the edge in driving the basket, power, rebounding, and passing. Kobe gets the edge on shooting, finesse, and giving him the ball when the game is on the line.

Lebron now compared to Kobe at the same time in his career = edge to Lebron.

When it is all said and done Lebron will be remembered as the 2nd coming of MJ, not Kobe.