Is the Offense Good Enough to Make a Real Run?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Miles was a very good coach, a good recruiter, appears to be a very decent man, the kids loved him and played for him and the man won and won a lot. Unfortunately Miles morphed into Cholly Mac. It's eerie how these guys are almost carbon copies of each other. The description I just gave of Miles could be the description of ole Cholly. What did them both in was their stubboness to a fault. Football passed them by. On the other hand Bear Bryant and Saban evolved. Isn't it eerie how both Cholly and Miles were both done in by Alabama coaches who were smart enough to adapt whereas they both didn't.

What I am excited about is it appears Oeaux has come in and is changing the football culture here. He is surrounding himself with great coaches and paying them well. He is changing our offense from run only to 50/50 run pass when neccessary more pass if needed more run if needed. However at the same time he and his OC are smart enough to not throw just to throw but rather kill the clock if you are ahead by a big margin assuring a win. Also he is keeping our LSU tradition of killer defenses by paying Aranda the big bucks. I am told he interferes very little with both E and A. In addition Oeaux IS Louisiana! He wants this job and and loves LSU. I also think he connects with the players and the recruits especially the parents and in particular the black kids and their parents. His earthy fiery passionate Louisiana style is hard to resist and ya gotta love the guy. What he did years and years ago at Ole Miss is irrelevant. I am not the same guy I was 25 years ago either, I would like to think I have learned from my mistakes and a bit wiser, more accomplished and a better man.

The man is winning despite the asinine sports media like hyenas trying to create this hotseat crap so they can have something sensational to fill space on ESPN talk shows. ESPN is becoming the the CNN of sports. Saban is right to go after these jackals. Looks like Oeaux is doing the same with his "f**k em" meaning the sports media outburst after the Aub game. What do these guys know anyway it's just their opinion. They have been proven wrong about both Oeaux and the Tigers this year, they have ZERO credibility with me, F**K EM!

What will kill this football team is a perception that the school and the fans don't back him. This will drive recruits to stable programs like Bama, Oklahoma and now Georgia among others where the kids and their parents know the same coach will be there 4 years down the road. Back the man he deserves it and he has earned it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    TheRealist and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I am saying Tua is great because I’ve watched him play. He’s got the athletic ability of hurts with much better accuracy and good decision making ability so far. I watched him put a 40 yard bomb on his receiver’s numbers against Ole Miss. Not many college QBs can do that. As much as I don’t want him to be great, I think he’s great.

TheRealist and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

As soon as I hit post, it dawned on me what you meant. The Troy rally was the only one that just jumps out at you.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I agree, I think.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See, and that thing was so ugly I had blocked it from my mind

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Good point

7. BP

BP Founding Member

Trust me.... You do.

8. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Watching their passing offense and comparing it to ours...no comparison. Now, Burrow is still new so I'm sure improvements will be made, but Tua is from another planet, IMO. Lots of football between now and then though. Never know what will happen.

tzanghi likes this.
  9. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

At the same time I don't think there were many cases where we had a double digit lead. Seems like every game was a nailbiter

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

Nah, it's just Hawaii!

GregLSU and lsu-i-like like this.