Is the Offense Good Enough to Make a Real Run?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

ben-weber-geico-caveman.jpg
    "Ah, WHAT?"

TheRealist and shane0911 like this.
  2. didit

didit Veteran Member

just like people were just automatically giving the chickens the win, why is everyone anointing Tua as great... very good, yes... great, don't know yet... he came in the second half of the championship game and brought them back, but he had no pressure as they were already losing... if he fails, they would've just brought hurts back in... if the dawgs hadn't stopped running michel, the dawgs would've won that game... they have played no team with a defense this year... in the louisville game, he threw at least 3 passes (one that wound up being a td) that would've been pics if he were playing against a better secondary... should bama be favored in all their games, are they the no. 1 team in the country... yes to both... but i think we'll give them all they can handle and then some... geaux...

3. BP

BP Founding Member

We all start with pre conceived notions, prejudices, biases, interests, etc. Its absolutely necessary. We can't know everything bout everything, so we have no make assumptions about what reality is. We also can't pay attention to everything around us. (Even in something so basic as sight, the brain can't process everythingthe eye takes in and so it fills in with what it thinks "ought to be.")

We pay attention to things that are "salient," that is, those things that are more interesting or important to us. (If I like sports cars, I will notice that one little MG that passes by but not the ten minivans.) In addition, we all have a tendency to pay attention to those things that reinforce our pre conceived notions and biases but not to those things that tend to disprove it, that is, we suffer from disconfirmatory bias.

So, if I have the idea that the O line is not providing good protection, I will pay more attention to those events that tend to confirm that opinion and tend to disregard those things that tend to disprove it.

And don't even get me started as to the effect that all of this has on eye witness testimony.

ROY_LA_CA, TheRealist and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Lol, scared about what I might have said, but in my defense we looked terrible last week. I think I remember saying I was ready to ride with LSU fairly early last week.

5. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

Maybe if it was the early Miles, probably not the post 2011 Miles.

ROY_LA_CA, Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was discussing with a friend a day or so ago, can't remember any real comebacks other than last year.

I'm not saying they didn't happen but I dont remember any. We've never been a come back team and that predates miles to my recollection.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I can think of a few in 07

Edit: unless you mean double digits

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yeah like when you are ready to just turn the TV off because no way we are coming back from that type games.

LSU_4_LIFE, TheRealist and Bengal B like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like I did yesterday for the Saints game.

10. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

To be fair I don't think there were many cases of being down by double digits early on during Miles' tenure.