Is Myles Brennan the answer for 2021?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Nov 30, 2020.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Myles Brennan - played in 3 games. 79-131-3 11 TDs, 3 INTs 60.3% pass completion rate.

Seems a lot of people will be pimpin Brennan (Blonde Jesus) next fall...again. 11 TDs pretty good in 3 games. Unless you look at who he played against & who he actually beat. MooU- L, Terrible Defense, Vandy- W, Vandy is FWU (Free Win U), Missouri -L, mediocre Defense, can't buy an INT though.

Brennen played 3 teams in the bottom half of the SEC in interceptions. Not totally fair, as he's only started 3 games, but it's the info we do have.
    https://www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/defense/interceptions

Will it be Brennan the fragile, one of the Sophomore/Junions weve seen this year, that don't transfer or another Portal QB?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    unclenick likes this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

He has put some time into this program and learning how to run the offense. He was not perfect in his starts. He has shown capability although it was against the lesser teams. The freshmen both have shown capability and flaws. I didn't like Finley's body language when things didn't go his way. You gotta forget and move on after a bad play or when you get benched. Teams are playing LSU like they did before the Brady / Burrow year. Stop the run and let the freshmen QBs do the work. For years LSU could not get past Freshman / Sophomore QBs. Mauck, Flynn, and Burrow did their time and came in when they were ready. That seems to be the formula for QB at LSU.

"We're building a championship program," Orgeron said, "and we will be champions again. We've got some great young players. We have some stuff that needs to get fixed, and we have to fix it. But I've done it before and I'll do it again."

This. Where have I heard this before. These are the words of a struggling coach. His time is on the clock.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Good question, been wondering that myself. Go Senior or the 2 younger backups. Nussmeir is a 2021 commit, if he stays committed. Not sure it will matter a until we get a functioning ol & a better play caller. Brennan looked ok for the teams he played but can't see him staying healthy for an entire season.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brennan can stay healthy if we could borrow time Saints OL on Saturdays

unclenick likes this.
  5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

A good question to raise. I think the takeaways are that Brennan is unproven against the top tier SEC teams but that we have no other real options. He carried this offense for the first 3 games, and the drop off since he left has been ever so evident. So I have belief, but no proof that he can go out and beat Bama or Florida. But I’m sure as shit not picking Finley, Johnson, or Nussmeier over him. I also wouldn’t take a transfer because I don’t see any transfers in the portal that have proven they can beat a top tier SEC team.

northernvatiger and Bengal B like this.
  6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

He has to be. There is no other viable choice currently.

Hou-duco likes this.
  7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Yeah but what is he supposed to say? EVERYONE is “on the clock”. Point blank. Let Saban have a losing season. People are prisoners of the moment. That’s not a formal for success. If we aren’t back to a too 10 program next year then I will entertain this premature narrative of O isn’t the guy.

tzanghi and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

As pissed off as I’ve been at times this year and want to rest on my initial gut feeling of the Coach O hire, after 2018 into 2019 he absolutely deserves a chance to show us if he can rebuild it again. If he can, he needs to figure out the whole “keep it elite” recipe.

TBTrumpet likes this.