Is Keiland Williams in the doghouse?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 20, 2007.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

He's still had at least one every game.

2. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I dont think the 2 QB system would be as bad if Perrilloux were give a whole series. With the same oppertunities as Flynn. The way and times they are using Perrilloux is really hampering drives.

Im sure they are learning the playbook better each week. Its still a matter of being too conservative and predictable IMO. Look at how we moved the ball in the 3rd and 4th quarter when throwing the ball downfield. Then all of a sudden we get conservative and predictable in the final drive. Why play for a field goal with a shakey kicker? When we were shredding the Auburn secondary.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

How many touchdowns would Scott and Williams have if they had the touches that Hester does? I would like to see the distribution of carries be more even. Hester gets the ball when we need that tough yard. I think every third down running situation should be Hester's.

I would love to see Scott, Williams, and Murphy split the 1st and 2nd down carries with a little Holiday mixed in there for good measure.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Just curious...how many fumbles has KW had/lost in his career to date? (you know I know the answer:thumb: )

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

And I think this makes sense. People get really defensive if you mention touches with Williams and Scott as if you are saying Hester sucks. Along with what you said about Scott and Williams get a few more first down carries, I have a problem with the calls on first down early in the games to be honest. Watching the game and kinda keeping track in my mind, LSU doesn't run a real offense until we get behind. They get really unpredictable when they get down 14 points. Before that it's very predictable.

The last 3 weeks LSU has been reacting to getting punched in the mouth. Against Bama, they need to get up on them early, keep the pressure on and not let up. If they let that JP Wilson stand back there and pick them apart i'm going to lose it....I'm saying it now, I will come unhinged. They need to keep the heat on that very mediocre QB.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I have to agree with you on this!

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I like to refer to Bama's QB as Sarah Jessica. You're right though...the way he played Saturday, I hope we can keep him under pressure all day on 11-3.

8. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would like to see Hester and Williams in the game at the same time with Scott and Murphy in the game at the same time as the 2nd set of backs. Then you got a bruiser (Hester, Scott) and a slippery fast back (Williams, Murphy) in at all times. I would play Hester/Williams 2/3 of the time and the other set of backs 1/3 of the time. I would throw in Holliday in 6-8 times per game as a change of pace, either receiving or running.