Is Keiland Williams in the doghouse?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 20, 2007.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

To me, most of the time it looks like they are using a dart board to pick offensive plays.....no pattern or logic at all to the calls. Maybe they are using the same dart board to pick runningbacks and against Auburn, the dart only hit Williams for 2 touches the entire game.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

That las drive of the Florida game, Hester is the only guy I felt comfortable with back there. Hes Scott, and Keiland have homerun ability, but Hester is the steadiest back I've seen here since Domanick Davis.

Makes it tougher for opposing DCs to figure out as well.

3. Roach427cs

Roach427cs Freshman

NOT suggesting that we give him more carries by taking carries away from other tailbacks. I am suggesting that we stop throwing the ball to brandon lafell. I dont care if they change backs every down. KW on 1st, Tridon on 2nd, Scott or Hester on 3rd, and if its 4th and less than 3 and we are at their 40 or better give the rock to Hester. I want some one to exsplain to me why we can for 172 yards in the 2nd half of the Florida game and outscore our opponent 21 to 7 in that same time frame yet we insist on a "Balanced" Offence. Stop forcing a passing game. Early has been hurt and is just coming back to the game. Brandon Lafell is too drop prone, Yes he has made killer plays but at the same time he has dropped gimmie catches and the worst one being the interception he caused against auburn. Matt has been suffering from a gimpy ankle and has been less mobile and less accurate with his throws. Run more and use the pass when the defense gives us a match up we cant refuse.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

His stats are a little skewed because he hasn't had that many carries, but he had two long TD runs against Va. Tech. I agree that he's not seeing the hole well right now, but his time will come (again).

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think our RB's are seeing the success that a guy like Joseph Addai is having in the NFL, and even though he was rarely a "feature" back while @ LSU, he is tearing it up in Indy (after going in the first round.)

The point is that we don't have to run our guys until they drop in order to 1) win games or 2) for them to geaux to the NFL and succeed.

And if there are three or four yards to get, more often than not, Hester is going to get the job done. It's as simple as that.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe the coaches just know exactly when to put in a diferent back. Whatever, as long as we're winning, I'll just watch and enjoy.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

People can spin stats anyway they want to make a point, but it doesn't make it true.

LaFell, Byrd and Tolliver have a higher yards per catch than Doucet, does that mean they should get more throws their way than Doucet?

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Great post. I think this is dead on. These guys times will come, and they don't need four years and 1000 carries to be top draft picks.

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Yes it does.

Or when the darts say run it 4 times in a row in overtime, it results in an overtime loss to Kentucky. Take the good with the bad with the "dartboard" offense.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dependability is the thing. Hester never fumbles and he rarely loses yardage. I think the coaches believe that the young backs are still not ready for 20 carries a game. Their carries will increase and next year its all up to them. And guess what? One will move to the top of the list, will start, and get most of the carries. That is the way it has always worked . . . at any position.