Is It Time For LSU, A & M, Arky, Missou To Contact Old SW Conference

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 23, 2018.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I am sick of being abused by the Bama refs and Bama SEC office.

I think it is either time to move the office out of Alabama to Atlanta or get together with the teams above and tt Texas and Oklahoma and others in Big 12 about bringing back the old Southwest Conference.

At the very least threaten it as a serious wake up call to the fat and sassy Bama gump run corrupt office. Get some rumors flowing that bring the subject up.

Just a Thought

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do you mean start a new conference and give up that huge check they get every year at the SEC meeting?

Brian and el005639 like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Texas is also a pompous school.

Before Saban, Bama was a blip for a good while, Miles allowed Saban to push him off the mountaintop, too busy eating grass and seal clapping. If Orgeron can truly get this team to nut up, Bama won’t nearly be the thorn they have been.

Also, don’t forget we’ve had snafus with FU and AU and others. We just need to keep the mafia at bay so it’s an even-ish playing field.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Brian, BayouBengal014 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

But moving the office should be considered but won't.

5. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

The SEC office is in B'ham, but I think the biggest issue is that the SEC officials have no independent oversight group and I believe they are the only conference not too have one.

lsu-i-like and furduknfish like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Steve Shaw is a Bama grad. I know alumni cant referee a game of the school they graduated from. But the guy who oversees ALL officiating is a Bama grad

But it’s larger than that, Ritter wasn’t a Bama grad he loved the gumps. I mean shit, look at Finebaum. He is their biggest fan and he is a Tennessee alumnus. These “followers” get sucked in. Every Bama “fan” I know here in Texas has never stepped foot in Alabama. They don’t know the difference between Tuscaloosa or Birmingham. They don’t know why they’re called the Crimson Tide.

We just have to dethrone them. We have to beat them. Simple as that. We all know when Saban leaves it’s going to crumble anyway.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Spears nailed it last night on TOL. "When we were winning, I didn't hear any of this."

It's the blatant truth. All this conspiracy crap comes out when you're losing (and by all accounts it looks like you're expecting to next weekend because the theorist are already out in full form.)
    So what? Moving it to ATL is accomplishing what? I don't care if it is moved if it shuts up this bullshit. It's a sad look for you guys. The SEC office was in Birmingham when you were winning a lot but it didn't matter then, did it?

XXL TideFan and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  8. watson1880

I did not say anything about moving the office.

9. watson1880

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Yeah, the office doesn’t need to move. LSU and other teams just need to win. We may not be able to pay players as much as Alabama, but we pull in talent just as they do. Nick Saban is a superb coach, and you’ve just got to figure out a way to beat him.

Of course, Alabama fans can’t just say “we caught a break” when a call plays out in a way that helps them. Or “we got lucky there” when they get away with one (like all teams do from time to time). And that’s what makes Alabama hateable

ROY_LA_CA, kcal and 65Grad like this.