Is It My Imagintion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Aug 12, 2019.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I've heard of that one, but haven't listened to it yet. I usually follow Matt Moscona.He does a podcast called locked on LSU. Its a pretty condensed version of his radio show and I like that. I'll listen to a whole weeks worth of shows on the travel up to LA and back to get caught up

shane0911 and Fishhead like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There was a time when I listened to Finebaum. I listened for the freak show. Same reason people watch Jerry Springer.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The audience aspect of Paul's shows have never been something that drew my attention. His shows content/theme of the day isn't something I pay attention to either. That's caller driven as well. He is one of the better interviewers in collegiate football and when he sets his mind to it can bring out some great content from his guests. It's pretty easy to see when he's kissing ass as well (see Freeze, Bjork, et. al)

kcal and Winston1 like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Yes and with a more national audience there’s less time for the Phyllis/Jim type which is a relief. There’s also less time for his gump suck up mode (he always reminds me of a bully’s pencil necked sidekick who acts tough when the bully is there but alone shows his true cowardice) and more for serious discussion.
    As @TerryP said, Paul can be one of the best interviewers around. His serious interviews are a pleasure to listen to.

kcal likes this.
  5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I'll be here when football season is in full swing! Geaux Tigers!

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pawl is a great interviewer but it's the callers who made him what he is today.
    Without that platform he would probably still be working at some local radio or TV

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I believe this is more of a case of your exposure versus how he built his brand. The content of his show is what landed him the satellite radio deal several years ago. That was the turning point of what you are hearing today. There was a significant turn, for the worse, when he landed the show on SECN.

There is no doubt a lot listen and watch Paul because they want to see and hear the fringe. And, it works. It's really a testament to people not being able to handle the spotlight...you can trace the beginnings of the idiots coming out of the woodwork when he went national on the radio. The few times I've heard some of those people; those times have been cringe worthy. I can't say unexpected though. How often do we see a person get a mic and loose all sense of reason and logic?

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I listened to a weeks worth of shows and you're right, pretty awesome stuff. A little more in depth talks with players, more than just clips you hear elsewhere. You really can tell who the smart kids are and who the dumb asses are. My new favorite show. Thanks

Fishhead and shane0911 like this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

These 'casts go a long way to telling you who the smart commentators are as well. Or maybe I should say "informed" commentators.