News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

The cost of our actions is outweighing the benefit. This disease is not Ebola, it does not kill what can be considered even a moderate % of its victims. We can control spread and not put everybody in the bread line.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

And to add to that I'm going to be 51 in a couple of months, I like most everybody here have been working since I was a kid. I started when I was 13 working for my dad. I have never been unemployed but there is a damn real possibility that I will be and very shortly if we dont pull our heads out of ass. I dont want government cheese all I want is the government to stop putting road blocks in our way.

Frogleg and Bengal B like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I thought you were a self employed wildebeest rancher.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Not enough money at this point coming from my acreage to quit my real job.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

same. my dad has had a quad bypass, is diabetic and old as fuck.

i am sorry to hear your dad smokes. my mom does. smoking pisses me the fuck off. i only ever had one uncle. good dude. he smoked, got COPD, hated life, killed himself with a pistol. smoking kills.

anyways, this whole scenario would be something totally unconcerning, even the financial stuff, because it will necessarily end and we will return to normal if it wasnt for it the stress of it getting our old ass families

shane0911 and Rolan like this.
  6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Hopefully, I really hope this ends soon. I am so fucking tired of this shit. Literally worried about seeing my daughter, will I get her sick, will she get me sick... She lives with me, but was on spring break in Austin when this all went down. I have told her to stay away for a week now... she has been gone for 2... Just fucking tired of it all.

onceanlsufan likes this.
  7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

You and me both, my Dad is in Louisiana. He has been fighting 2 cancers for the past 5 years, is 73, has asthma. Basically I am happy he took things seriously and stopped seeing patients 2 weeks ago. Just hoping and praying that he makes it through this.

*edit oh yeah that stubborn fucker has 2 cancers and refuses to quit smoking.

Best of luck to you and yours.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Wishing your family the best as well. Hopefully all the old folks make it through.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I think Texas is about a week behind Louisiana maybe. We will see, lots of shelter in place orders have been happening in the Houston area past few days. I hope it stays this way, but worry it will not.

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

As I was walking my Dad into his final treatment appointment to have his chemo bag removed; and to admit him to the hospital because he was actually about to die from not being able to breath, he got the flu during treatment and then caught everything while in the hospital....

We are pulling up to the hospital, he tells the cab driver to stop a block early. This was about 5 years ago. I ask him why, he looks at me between his labored breathing and smiles. "I am smoking 1 more damn cigarette before I go in there and die." He took 1 puff and about passed out from the coughing, I was laughing pretty hard at him, he was laughing. He really shouldn't of made it, he literally had every infection you could get, he had super bugs. The infectious disease people came in in groups of 5 to 6, and literally were treating him 24/7 trying to keep him alive. Even after all of that, he lives, and he still smokes. At least he is consistent I guess.

Bengal B and el005639 like this.