News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

And the current test is only 70% effective meaning 30% of folks who have it will test negative for it.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Trtump, like Jesus and the South, shall rise again.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Getting enough reagents (stateside) was still a significant hold up up through last week.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I'll preface by saying my heart and soul goes out to those who are out of work or soon shall be in the near future. This is gonna be one great big mother fucker of a ride for many as this redicously fluid situation continues to unfold. My heart truly goes out to all.

My biggest fear in all this has been getting laid off, because jobless in southern california is an indescribable nightmare. Almost pack your trash and bail if there are the means. I took a 20% paycut today in lieu of furlough....and I'm like I wanna party. What a fuckin mindset to be thrilled about falling back 4 hard years in pay just to get through what this entire blue rock must endure. I know I'm fortunate and yet, makes me feel a bit even more disappointed for those not near as fortunate.

We are all in this and what I would give just for everyone, even for just a day, is to stop the blame game and realize there really is no one to blame. A bug grows, like they do and have done, for centuries. Instead, a day, if at all, focus in what we can do for those, right in front of us who just needs help. So I gave another 3% of my check and put it towards those on the hourly staff who need it most. A few others followed suit, and it ain't much, but it is more that what they got took just a few hours ago. So I'm done with why and focused on just how I can be part of an improvement, as tiny as it may be, for those who need and deserve it. That really should be everyone's focus in times like these where it will not be hard to find someone you may even know, needs a lil sumthin.

My best goes out to you all

KyleK, mctiger, LSUpride123 and 6 others like this.
  5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

We are fortunate to be pretty secure in my job for the time being. As such, we’ve made it a point to purchase stuff from our locals everyday. I don’t want any of our locals in our little town of 4000 to go down.

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

"The Washington Post reported that former National Security Adviser John Bolton dissolved the NSC’s Office of Global Health Security and Biodefense in May 2018 in a reorganization effort. That’s when Rear Adm. R. Timothy Ziemer, who was senior director of the office, left his post. He was not replaced."

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/democrats-misleading-coronavirus-claims/

"Just because Ziemer’s position was discontinued does not mean everyone who was part of the team was fired or that all of the functions of the directorate ceased. According to reporting by the Atlantic and the Washington Post, some team members were shifted to other groups, and others took over some of Ziemer’s duties. An NSC spokesman at the time said that the administration “remains committed to global health, global health security and biodefense, and will continue to address these issues with the same resolve under the new structure.”

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

False prophet. Trump is the new one

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

This doesn’t make any sense. We nor Italy have the enough resources. It doesn’t matter about who stands in your way. Why are you talking about bread lines? That has nothing to do with this.

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

You are so understanding when you want to be.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Anyone look at the projections? Im not sure I want to discuss them here.

Stay safe and protect your loved ones at risk.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Bengal B likes this.