News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Orange man bad.

[​IMG]

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Rather than mortality I think the disruption to society and commerce will be the biggest impact. Everyone depends if stuff imported or exports stuff. We are much more tied together and interdependent than we used to be, even 10 years ago. My company imports components from China to plants here that build the finished product. Those components can stop our production. Things like this are my main concern. What happens if business slows down or stops even for a short time?

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It’s here already sport. I have no problem with quarantine but the horses are already out of the barn.
    There needs to be a medical solution. There’s also need for leaders to limit the impact.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It is very simple.

The economy was fine before this. Any negative impacts will remedy once this blows over. The only way it would cause prolonged recession type events is if there were already downward forces on our economy. {there wasn't prior to this}

The reason for the mass sell-off is the fucking media has been predicting a recession since Trump took office. Well, they have their reason now. It is already in oversold territory if you are looking past the short term.

As some would say in politics, look at the policy, same applies here. The economy is good and support prices are in. Even with oil tanking, it is going to start getting gobbled up around $43. There is upside to this much fear. Massive upside.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No one can predict these things.

Some of the less fear mongering outlets for finance suggest 24,000 is the low point for the DOW to stop the bleeding. Monday morning will let us know. It just really depends which dipshits in the media push another story like the CA governor spreading fear.

upload_2020-2-28_11-58-13.png

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

1% is pretty bad regardless of how many get it. regular flu is 0.1%. the flu is dangerous it kills thousands. this may kill people at a 10X rate and be more contagious.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Maybe, but Ebola, SARS, and MERS was over 2%.

Those blew over with ease.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i believe the difference with mers and sars was transmissilbility was much lower.

at any rate i dont care i am fairly healthy and not elderly. my parents are very old and kinda frail. i dont need them getting anything. this is significantly more concerning than the flu, which for old people is already concerning.

these things are hard to predict. i dunno that it will blow over with ease. it might.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I would say it hitting Europe would give us an idea, but they have mass migration from the ME and those are some unhealthy people. So who knows.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i think this tweet may be fake, as i cant find it, nor any evidence of it having been deleted