News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So why don’t we ban cigarettes and cheeseburgers? Science is clear it all kills you.

Free will. That’s why.

2. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

You have a free will to do those things. Your employer has a free will to penalize you if you do.

Winston1 likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So we fire the anti-vaxxer, but we not only don't fire the smoker, we make accommodations to allow the smoker to feed his/her addiction while working. What's the difference? The only thing I can see is the time frame. The anti-vaxxer, if he/she gets the 'rona, could die in about 10 days. But it will take years for the smoker's addiction to kill him, years in which the employer can exploit his/her productivity. Makes the employer seem a little less caring about the employee's health, doesn't it?

fanatic likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Just found out my the vaccine compliance officer (wow) for my employer approved my exemption request.

tigermark likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Really is that what you think? Employers have the right to deprive you if a cheeseburger and cigarettes? Can the same employer then have the right to deprive an employee the right to eat a soy burger because he knows or thinks it's bad for you? What if an employer thinks coffee is bad for you can he deny you coffee at work?.

You are on a 60 degree slope covered with WD 40

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  6. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

They deny all tobacco products at my work. So yeah, they have pretty wide latitude.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Dont get sucked in. Sea changed the subject again.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Coffee, soy burgers, yogurt, soft drinks whatever they want to deny you?

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

To be fair ... this is what happens when you let the Federal Government enjoy unconstitutional involvement in the economy. Do a little research on just HOW MUCH of our economy is funded by the Federal Government!! As such, employers, in order to stay in good graces with the gravy train, have to go along with the "DICTATES" of the fed. Essentially, if the employer was at the whims of the employees and the market, they would be whistling a different tune ...but they are not beholden to their employees are the market, but rather, they are beholden to their masters in the Federal Government. AND .. FREEDOM DIED!

fanatic likes this.
  10. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

The premiums are what companies pay and the premiums have not really changed due to COVID last year when EVERYONE was unvaxed. I work for one of the largest companies in the nation and our premiums went up about what they always do, a little. How much did your medical insurance go up for next year? Did it increase any more than any other year? No. Yet another false narrative.

You are vaxed. You are protected. Tell me again what you are worried about???

https://www.healthinsurance.org/faqs/did-health-insurance-premiums-go-up-or-down-this-year/

Edit: and no, I don't believe a damned thing the CDC puts out. Fool me 500 times shame on me. Look at the data from around the world.

onceanlsufan likes this.