News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The problem with that analysis is that it does not take into account how easily Covid is transmitted 1% is going to be a huge number of real dead people unless we all "act like we are at war."

Winston1 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I honestly dont care. There are billions of people. We live longer than any time in our previous history. Cost of doing business.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

You would still feel that way if it were your child, spouse, sibling, or parent? There are a lot of ways to go. Death by virus is not a particularly good one.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Look. I dont live life on what if's man. I mean, I still send it on 60ft jumps.

In my humble opinion, I would be more likely to get CANCER from all the bullshit people eat than die from COVID. We are a VERY healthy family. We are active and we live life.

I want to throw up when I look at kids these days. A bunch of fat MFrs. Its actually hard on my kids. They see these fat bodies eating bullshit all day and we dont let them do that. They are still too young to understand. Yet, my kids perform and are relatively injury free.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Congratulations Shane, you can now get that Covid test!
    China rolls out anal swab coronavirus tests, saying it’s more accurate than throat method
    WAPO 1/27

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

I figured I'd come back to answer any covid questions. (Couldnt stand to be here during 45's reign.) Perhaps you have gained adequate experts during the last several years. Dunno.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

So you didn't post here while Trump was in office? What did he have to do with LSU sports, Cajun food, or other sports?

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

The govt can suck it and anything they say about covid, they can shove it back up their ass. On one day, covid deaths keep reaching record numbers and we should all feel doomed. On another day this from the CDC:

"There has been little evidence that schools have contributed meaningfully to increased community transmission," they wrote. And keeping schools closed "could adversely affect students' academic progress, mental health, and access to essential services."

States have closed schools entirely for a year and covid has still run around. States have opened schools in the fall and covid has still run around. By going to school my daughter has got to play her sports, participate in orchestra, interact with teachers and friends, and get a job at chick-fil-a interacting with people. Some govts, parents, and kids have chose to hide in their homes staring at a computer all day, while not participating in vital teenage development activities. Which life would you choose looking back on the past fall? The CDC said it was actually ok to go to school. I am glad states like Texas chose to do so. We provided the data necessary to prove the scaredy-cats wrong. Fear kept govt and people from going back outside. They said you have to follow the science. Fear is not science.

Gavin Fuckball Newsome has locked down Cali for what? Has it had a positive effect on the spread? No it hasn't. Cali spread is now the worst in the country. He is opening things back up now. Why? Because covid is under control? No. He won't show the data. It would be too confusing to the public he said. He is really opening things back up because he is a couple hundred thousand signatures away from being on a recall ballot.

Fuck what the govt says. You need to make your own decisions. And wear a mask when a place asks you to.

onceanlsufan and Winston1 like this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

We've had two suicide attempts, one failed but paralyzed and the other died. Both in the same grade, in a small town. The one who died fell behind in his studies starting with the lockdown last spring. Was told he didn't have the credits to graduate this year .... hopelessness .... kid couldn't take it.

If we are going to sacrifice someone, I'd prefer to sacrifice the unhealthy 80 year olds. (no offense to the 80 year olds ... but kids deserve a life).

StaceyO, Bengal B and LSUpride123 like this.