News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Sorry, I mis-read your question. One today and a second on February 13. I got the Pfizer vaccine which is 3 weeks between shots.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I just looked at a website that says China is at 88,800 in total cases. Which still sounds low. However, Taiwan is less than 1,000 so maybe not

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I got the Moderna first shot last Saturday in Dallas, Plano actually. Very organized, pleasant, and relatively painless. I've had worse flu shot experiences.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I havent gotten a flue shot in about 5 years

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Here's a link to the website I use for info. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I get them every year at work. Never had an issue; never had the flu.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I haven't gotten the flu either.

I am on the outside of this, but I think this is all about money and power. For the life of me, I do not grasp the concept of all that we have done for a virus that has over a 99% survival rate.

The body is amazing. I think it best to work naturally.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Where do you get the 99% survival rate? Is that for the US or world wide?

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

US deaths divided by cases. Also consider many have it that aren't tested. Though, this is "reported" numbers...

Which, we know is inflated.

Think of all the stimulus money that when to companies "supplying aid" this past year. Massive wealth transfer.

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Its not just about the survival rate its also important how you get it. Heart attacks kill about 650,000 per year; but you can't get a heart attack from sitting next to someone in an airplane. For the most part heart disease is under your control based on the choices you make. You get covid based on the choices made buy the guy next to you on the plane; or behind you in the supermarket.
    About 7.5% of the US population has been infected so far and 400k+ have died. If we do nothing and wait for herd immunity which I think is around 70% of the population then that's about 9 times as many people have to get the disease. If the math holds that's 3.5 to 4 million deaths. For me that's to high a cost to let nature take its course.

I agree we have done a lot to control covid, but we haven't always done it well. And the guy sitting next to you on the plane might not have done anything. But after he coughs you have no way of knowing until a few days pass. We have to get this thing from amongst us.

HalloweenRun likes this.