News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You mean the flip flop CDC? Sure.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Check this out. The chart on the left was put out by Amnesty International about 25 years ago, and basically lays out the methods of manipulation/coercion that are common to the torture of POW's. These methods are also usually present in the behavior of domestic abusers. The chart on the left is from a Nevada orthopedic surgeon, Dr Lee Merritt, who identifies elements of every method in the Democratic Party's preferred responses to Covid.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    kcal, APPTiger and LSUpride123 like this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It kind of shocks the conscience to see it side by side like that. It's obvious what they're trying to do, but now here information to support that claim.

How about this 17 year old high school junior, who was asked to leave a VIRTUAL CLASSROOM because he had a Trump flag displayed IN HIS OWN HOME?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/nj-teen-says-trump-banner-got-him-tossed-from-virtual-class/

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw that. He and his parents should sue the school system.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Basically this:

Hell year brother:

upload_2020-10-22_17-45-3.png

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It’s magic DJT has decreed the Covid pandemic conquered....this as the country is on track to break records in new cases. This is delusional and worthy of a Babylon Bee satire.
    https://on.mktw.net/3e4FwSh
    Check out this article from MarketWatch - Coronavirus update: Pandemic sets record case numbers across the U.S. as White House suggests the crisis is over

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

41% of the deaths have been people who were in nursing homes before the pandemic started. It is not particularly life threatening to younger people with no serious health problems.

StaceyO likes this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

what percentage of cases result in death?

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-dea...fCjPXwqx0o7nDGaZBNhI8ydn_pjnsfgR7faVOm2t1EYsR

COVID-19 death rates have drastically fallen among all age groups — even as cases spike

The chances of dying from COVID-19 have fallen precipitously since the pandemic began, according to two new peer-reviewed studies.

One study, from researchers at New York University's Grossman School of Medicine, found that the death rate has gone down substantially among all age groups.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

About half of my in-person students are in a two-week quarantine right now because one of my 8th period students tested positive--ISN'T sick.

She's a volleyball player, so the entire volleyball team and any students who sat within six feet of her had to quarantine.

The district didn't feel any teachers needed to quarantine. I mean...who would babysit the classes?

And it is babysitting this year because everything is loaded onto Google Classroom and is basically designed to be taught without a teacher. Of course, I am the one designing most of the lessons for my team, though.

If I go down...hmmm.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

There is a group of parents whose kids are virtual at Centennial complaining about the amount of work that their kids have to do. They say the kids are up until midnight / 1 am doing homework and have no time for social activities. The parents have launched a petition and sent a group letter to FISD to have the work load reduced.

My daughter goes in person and has no complaints. What is the vibe on the teacher's side about an imbalance in work for virtual vs in person?

GiantDuckFan likes this.