News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No, even though I have seen a doctor in a couple of times since then for other reason they couldn't be bothered to do a simple test. The practice of medicine has gotten very impersonal since the doc I saw for 25 years and was friends with retired.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

One of tiga's goats bit me

el005639 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do you still take fish antibiotics?

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i would if i needed to. as i pointed out before, "fish" antibiotics are human antibiotics with a different label. its just a way to sell antbiotics illegally. its a smart way to avoid going to the doc if you dont want to. especially if you want to buy antibiotics to take on a trip if you arent even sick yet

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They probably make you look like a bass

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I don’t remember the last time I had the flu. ... but I’m pretty sure I had pd the Rona back in Nov and again in Dec.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since we all think we might have had they should let us into the stadium for games

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    onceanlsufan and shane0911 like this.
  8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, tomorrow is the first day of school for me, the first day of my 29th year as a teacher. I am predicting a pretty fair shitshow since the adults in the district have had connectivity problems, too.

I actually don't know what to expect except that my classroom will be 82 degrees again because the A/C is malfunctioning. I have worked in my class the past two days with 2 fans a foot away from me. Since my job now, sadly, requires me sitting on my ass in front of a webcam, I can somewhat tolerate it.

The mother of one of my older daughter's friends messaged me tonight that her daughter has COVID. She was supposed to move back to Stephen F. Austin on Friday, but will, of course, not be for the foreseeable future.

The sweet girl is delicate, though, having been born as a twin at 21 weeks (twin sister died.) The preemie birth left her with several chronic ailments, including cerebral palsy which required multiple surgeries to help straighten her left leg. Then, in 8th grade, she had a cancerous tumor behind her right eye, blinding her in that eye. If there is a 20-year-old who is at danger with COVID, it is this sweet girl.

9. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Hope she'll be okay and good luck with the first day and the school year.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

My wife is in the same boat. She will be teaching both the in person and online kids; essentially increasing her already overloaded work schedule. The only good thing is that she teaches pre-school, so her classes aren't that big (about 14 in person and 6 online), so hopefully it won't be too bad. We're still not sure how that's going to work, since she has to be in front of the camera when teaching online.

I don't see why they can't combine the students from one of the other pre-school classes that are about the same size, then designate that teacher as the online instructor. That would be the best solution. The next best would just be to stream the regular class sessions for the online kids, but I guess there's a lot of interactive activities in the classroom.

StaceyO likes this.