News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you ignored the point of my question, then just rambled on,.. you were a pretty good sport yesterday, though I've been in a crappy mood, I tried to be nicer and end our discussion in an upbeat way,.. but you kinda got drunk with excitement,.. and like an ass, posted a response meant to rub it in my face

maybe we'll try it again someday

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think Plano ISD will have a low Asian turnout for in person. I have a feeling, at the secondary level, more of the kids that are heavily involved in extracurriculars will try to attend in person.

I am on a parent advisory committee for athletics, cheerleading, and drill team, and we have a Zoom meeting tonight at 6 to find out some of the plans. 1500 parents in the district volunteered to serve on reopening committees, so they subdivided us by areas of particular interest. I am, sadly, the president of my daughter's drill team booster club, so it was pretty obvious which committee to join.

As for your community pool being closed, that's ridiculous. At the very least, they could've just had a reservation system to ensure "social distancing" (damn, I hate that term.) Besides, if the Indian residents don't want to chance it, what's the big deal? But, really, sunlight, fresh air, and chlorine will make you sick? If so, kill me know.

el005639 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

I saw a headline that said something like,.. Next coming pandemic spotted,.. I didn't read the article, but it was a type of swine or spanish flu

I think it was kcal, who called our current mess, a dress rehearsal,.. it's not gonna fly, if they try to shut this country down again

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, the general public’s quick acceptance to bend the knee to the government has paved the way.

StaceyO, el005639 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i took an online course once, it was terrible. i need to be in class or i dont learn shit. online courses are disastrous

StaceyO likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

maybe,.. at a point though, I think Americans are going to become obstinate,.. then fed up,.. then like, Popeye,.. "that's all I can takes, I can't takes no more"

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    el005639 likes this.
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

NC had an aggressive virtual high school program with pretty esoteric, specialized courses. Before a kid could enroll there were all sorts of tests and interviews to see if they were likely to do well. Was not a 100% acceptance and these were generally higher level kids.

while I strongly support not having face to face school at this point (if conditions warrant) it strikes me that the schools went from a detailed screening For on line learning to all in, at the blink of an eye for everyone.

My youngest daughter failed miserably when some of her college courses converted to on line. She did very well in face to face courses.

this is not a black and white, binary issue. Lots of gray areas. Hope whatever decisions are made will be a success.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hopefully not too late by then.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That's all this year has become. One disaster or panic after another, and people are growing very weary.

And my prediction was true. Tonight, the school district published the numbers, by campus, who were choosing online school. The heavily Asian schools were at 45-50%. My middle school is at 24% online, while my daughter's high school is at 23%. I feel those numbers may be skewed, however, because while parents who wish for their kids to go to school in person have no action needed, parents who wish to have their children do online learning had to log on to the parent portal and declare that choice. Some parents don't follow district communication well enough to even be aware.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I love you man!
    tenor-6.gif

GiantDuckFan likes this.