News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

shane0911 and APPTiger like this.
  2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

onceanlsufan likes this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Remember back a couple months ago, several of you kept comparing the number of deaths by flu to the much lower deaths by CV-19? I sure do. Now that CV-19 deaths, in four months, are twice as many flu deaths in this years 7 month flu season, I don’t recall seeing such comparisons lately. I guess that Twitter account does not in fact stack up all that well to a PhD/MD after all.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Please answer this question...
    Back in april and may deaths were 1200 to 1500 a day with a much lower case count than today. How can things be worse today when the deaths are down in the 500 -600 range.

Dont buy into the bullshit.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

That is really simple:
    1) Better treatment, more therapeutics (at least two). Health care professionals have learned a lot since February.
    2) The main reason is that the age of those infected has plunged. Almost half, maybe more are in people less than fifty. That is the crowd that does not care about getting infected, the "I’m number one" crowd. With younger cases much less death.
    3) Though Covid is more dangerous (deadly) to oldsters, fewer oldsters (% wise) are getting infected since they are sheltering/observing social distancing per the recommendations of the experts. Fewer getting infected, fewer deaths.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

In other words sheltering in place for the entire country was bullshit, like we have been saying for 3 months. The vast majority of people shake this off with no problems.. again dont buy into the bullshit being spewed.

7. onceanlsufan

So, what are your thought about the fact that 80,000 of the 130,000 deaths are from just 7 States? All run by Democrats? All in the Northeast?

shane0911 likes this.
  8. onceanlsufan

Yes .... and why is it that people don’t see this as a good thing? The more non fatal cases, the closer to just another cold Covid becomes. There is always going to be some one who succumbs to a cold flu or covid, so zero deaths is unreasonable. Each one of those young people are developing immunity. Immunity decreases spread, even if you get it.

9. HalloweenRun

I guess it’s just me, but I don’t look forward to spending the rest of my life sheltering in place. Sounds like you guys are fine with the old people staying in the rest of their lives. Like you are giving me a big, "Fuck you. " Fine, whatever.

No, it’s not a good thing that cases are going up in the USA. Even if not one of those that are young and infected has symptoms, they will be a risk to spread the disease to those old folks that you are writing off anyway.

I am stunned/saddened anyone would make this political, but that is what happened. The initial big case loads were in Democratic states. Duh, that’s where most of the urban, high density cities/areas are. Not sure I’d be arguing about high levels of CV-19 cases in Dem states right now. Arizona and Florida at this point, are representing quite well, Texas, too.

Instead of replying and calling me a dumbazz, get outside and enjoy the 4th. Geaux Tigers.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Didnt call you a name and didnt say fuck old people I said young strong people need to catch it so we get through this. We cant just sit at home scared.
    And by the way I am out at a July 4th celebration in navasota texas enjoying life without a mask and I ain't worried about corona. It so damn hot right now ain't no virus gonna survive transmission.

shane0911 likes this.