News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. COTiger65

COTiger65 Freshman

Don't shank it.

Bengal B, shane0911 and HalloweenRun like this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Come down to South Padre and social distance with me.

upload_2020-5-24_20-34-41.jpeg

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Why couldn't you get a frontal? She looks topless

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I don't doubt it's a threat to some, hell I am probably in one of the most vulnerable groups there is. Double lung transplant with high blood pressure, chronic kidney disease stage III, and I take immune suppressants to keep my lungs from being rejected. Every time I sneeze the hospital goes on alert... On top of that, my treatment center is ate up with the shit and they won't even let me go down there for labs and check-ups. I know 6 people that have had it and all seem to have recovered just fine, one is still in the hospital (been there 2 days), and she's got other problems but she's getting better.

With all of that in mind, fuck that virus; I am not going to live my life in fear of it. Had mother nature had her way with me to begin with then I wouldn't be here to worry about it and that is fact. My doctor sat there and told me and my ex-wife that I'd be dead inside a year or so, and that was almost 3 years ago. I'm not done with you humans yet.

So I do the things I am supposed to do... I wash the shit out of my hands, I don't lick sick people or kids, go in environments that are hazardous to my respiratory system, eat raw sushi or oysters (that hurt), and I take my 30 pills monitor my vitals every day. When I need to go to the store, I go. When I need to go somewhere else, I go. The only time I wear a mask for the most part is when I go to a doctor's office. But I know it's not protecting me.. the best thing it does for me is causes people to get out of my way when I come through because they aren't used to seeing that.. I guess that's fucked now.. lol

Anyway, my pulmonologist who is head of the transplant unit down there told me something that stuck with me. He told me, "I didn't give you another set of lungs so you could sit home and be depressed and scared of everything. I gave you a set of lungs so you could go out and continue to live your life.".. I've had that in mind every waking moment since, and this virus is not about to make me change it. Everyone chooses their own level of acceptable risk and existence. I made my choice 2 and a half years ago. If it gets me, it gets me. We're all on borrowed time, some of us doubly so.

Frogleg, mctiger, mancha and 8 others like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Don’t worry Shane I won’t.......and I’ll be sure to cough on you since there’s no worries

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

She plays good volleyball F464FAA3-1683-45B7-B5BA-95B48294A839.jpeg

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Don't pull another back muscle.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

And I don't think that's gonna be enough club.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horo...3G4fMaEz3aiaD_Yi9EzNnch05yXVLYo9Fk7umX-Ix-QBw

"The CDC just came out with a report that should be earth-shattering to the narrative of the political class, yet it will go into the thick pile of vital data and information about the virus that is not getting out to the public. For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26%. Officials estimate a 0.4% fatality rate among those who are symptomatic and project a 35% rate of asymptomatic cases among those infected, which drops the overall infection fatality rate (IFR) to just 0.26% — almost exactly where Stanford researchers pegged it a month ago."

[​IMG]

The CDC estimates the death rate from COVID-19 for those under 50 is 1 in 5,000 for those with symptoms, which would be 1 in 6,725 overall, but again, almost all those who die have specific comorbidities or underlying conditions. Those without them are more likely to die in a car accident. And schoolchildren, whose lives, mental health, and education we are destroying, are more likely to get struck by lightning.

An astounding 62 percent of all COVID-19 deaths were in the six states confirmed to have done this, even though they only compose 18 percent of the national population.

[​IMG]

watson1880 and shane0911 like this.