News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Anybody getting mask shamed in public? Here, we've gone all public face coverings, mask at work. I went yesterday to get a few things from the sto, and EVERYONE was staring at me for not "voluntary" wearing something on my face. I wasn't the only one, but the looks were kinda lynchable. I figure if everyone else is wearing a mask, i don't have shit to worry about. Flip side is if you have a mask on, why do you even care? Toe the line bunch of mf'ers.

Truth is, I forgot mine at the house, but GD the looks were pretty threatening, even from the orientals.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Yes I went to home depot in Huntsville Texas on friday and people were looking at me as if i had the plague. Walker county as of Friday only had 10 cases,I swear people have lost their damn minds.

StaceyO likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

10 cases can quickly turn into 50 then hundreds and more. That's what happened in Baton Rouge I don't have a masm. Where can I go the wouldn't be sold out.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Fuck mask shamers.

Remember most people are stupid. And a lot of those are very stupid. On our Saturday food run (put in back of Yukon, not even close) we saw just one other person in a mask. I shame those morons. All the pictures from the East Asian countries, that are winning, or at least aren’t losing the fight, show a very high % of people in masks.

[​IMG]

I am neither a rocket scientist nor epidemiologist, but not a big leap to understand, easily, that masks don’t hurt and just might help.

5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Nobody is saying this thing isn't contagious, I just dont believe it is deadly enough to destroy our countries economy over. And if you want to wear a mask great, dont expect everyone to join you.

StaceyO, onceanlsufan and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right. With the estimated $6 trillion lost in the economy, the death price per death is well into the billions per COVID death....

It just doesn't add up. After Wednesday, we should know if we have peaked and the drugs are working.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I can’t say I agree with you on the mask. The mask is not intended to protect the wearer, it is intended to protect everyone around you in the event you are an asymptomatic carrier. Mask only work if everyone is wearing them. As I’ve said, if you need a reason to wear a mask, look no further than Japan. They didn’t close down jack, they just put on mask and went on about life. No rise in unemployment, no destroying your economy, fewer cases and fewer deaths, .... it’s a no brained. A 17 cent mask (and I’m not talking about N95, just your everyday run of the mill mask, bandana, scarf, whatever) ... and life goes on as usual.

mctiger and Winston1 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Right wearing a mask doesn't contribute to ruining the economy. If @el005639 doesn't wear a mask and everybody else does he is safe to go about infecting everybody else if he has been exposed.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Just to make a point about how tough human immunity can be. Way back in the late 80s or early 90s I went to Bangladesh with a water purification unit after a typhoon.

We setup next to this river which had dead humans and dead water buffaloes floating down the river. When we got there those people were swimming in, catching fish from, and drinking water from that river. That country still has a shit ton of people. We are going to be ok, this disease will not kill us all but even a large % of us. In fact just the opposite, very few of the 320 M americans will be killed by it.. People need to stop being some damn paranoid.

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Wearing mask does not really prevent you from getting it, if you are standing 1 foot from an infected and they are spiting all over you. Just wearing a mask is not going to help, your cloths, your face, the mask will all have droplets of the virus on you. That is why we social distance.

The mask is to prevent you from spreading it, and remember most cases are asymptomatic, so you could be spreading it and feeling fine. So not wearing a mask because you feel ok, is not the right answer.

So just act like you got it, cover your face with something and help out. It's not hard to understand.

Winston1, onceanlsufan and Bengal B like this.