News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like the FDA is going to respond to my email. But @Rolan and @onceanlsufan say they work in some kind of capacity where they might know stuff like that.

onceanlsufan likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So convicts.

onceanlsufan likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Writter used the term "ostensibly" at least 10 times and likely wanted to use it another half a dozen times. Weird

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In page rankings the Google algorithms value synonyms over the repeated use of the same word.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

An English professor I had would preach everyone should 10 opinion articles everyday of which 1/2were of an opposing view to yours. It was wise advice.
    I read left wing sources all the time, it generally confirms my stance on their views but every so often it will soften one of mine.

HalloweenRun, kcal and onceanlsufan like this.
  7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I tried to read it Winston. But the lack of human intelligence inherent in DB articles just make them unreadable to me. Even it they are bashing Cuomo a little less than they are bashing Trump.

China was the villain! They lied about severity and influenced how everyone else prepared. Now it is too late. If you figure right now with a R0 of 2-3, we have at this moment 400,000-600,000 cases in the US. That equates to 8000-12,000 deaths today, at today’s rate in the US, and doesn’t account for any new cases.

The only nations doing better than average are the ones who by default wear mask everyday when Flu Season starts. I can see the US adopting this Approach for the future. Next fall, everyone will have their stash of mask.

8. onceanlsufan

It never seems to soften mine ... it just confirms to me they lack critical thinking skills. Most all of their “facts” are always taken out of context, and spun to fit an agenda. They live exclusively in the subjective world of interpretation, with their often times so bizarre you have to scratch your head at how they came to such.

9. onceanlsufan

... and I responded. Yes, they can and do give test vaccines to healthy people. In fact they pay the volunteers, as well as give them free check ups etc so they can monitor the study.

Prisoners are not eligible.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Case point where I was softened, I used to believe that a person was who they were and that their environment had nothing to do with who they were. I no longer believe that

onceanlsufan likes this.