Is Bama about to raid the Louisiana football cupboard?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Oct 23, 2013.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

This is widely viewed as the most talented football class to come out of Louisiana in many years. We lost the top lineman in the state (#3 in the nation), Cameron Robinson to Bama about a month ago. Leornard Fournette is the top recruit in the nation and is considering Alabama and LSU. Speedy Noil viewed as a top 10 national recruit considering Alabama and LSU.

They took our Mr. Football 2 years ago Landon Collins.

Can Les convince Fournette and Noil to stay home?

We need a big recruiting year --- Top 3.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

northernvatiger likes this.
  3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hill is gone after this season which would be instant PT for LF.

Every recruit would consider Bama, why wouldn't they?

IMO LF and Noil are LSU locks.

Also, if Noil doesn't choose LSU, he is prob A&M bound.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I worry more about Willis than Noil, mostly because we've already got Quinn, and I think Dupre is a lock as well. Detillier talks about Willis like he's a difference-maker at DE, and we definitely need one of those. Would love to get Jones as well, but in the same vein as Noil, if Hootie gets away, we still have Ed Paris, plus I think we're getting Tony Brown. We'll be fine in the secondary. But I really think we need to put a full-court press on Fournette. If Hill and Hilliard both depart early, plus losing Blue as a senior, we're suddenly in bad shape at running back.

7. dudley

dudley oops!

Seems like LSU has lost the northeast part to the state to Alabama. In the Dandy Don interview Detillier says "Hootie" Jones" to Alabama. I kinda feel the same way. That's would be two 5* players from La. we've lost if that turns out correct. That is troublesome.

8. dudley

dudley oops!

Also an interesting opinion by Detillier about benching Hill. Miles said in an interview that was the correct decision, but what the hell did it accomplish? We lost the game.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I wouldn't worry too much about the 5* designation, though. More 5* players seem to disappoint because expectations are so high--and sometimes, those guys (like Shepard, Loston, etc.) peak in high school.

I think Miles does a great job with finding that diamond in the rough 3* kind of guy, though.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

"LSU wasn’t mentally ready to play a team that was playing with house-money and nothing to lose, and was confident they could win the game."

The fact that this keeps happening is puzzling and troubling at the same time. This is hardly a new situation. Ole Miss has consistently been in this position for years now, and for years we've struggled to win this game. And it's an issue that predates Freeze.