Is America really much better than China?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by USMTiger, Apr 9, 2008.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I would but the animals are loose again.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the first post in this thread still annoys the piss out of me. the whataboutism, the silly self hate of western/american culture. the pretense that the US and china are comparable in terms of human rights represents the sort of thinking i hate the most. fake sophistication via dumb self-criticism.

the delusion required to come to this conclusion is huge. why would a person be motivated to delude themselves that way? why would they want it to be true that america and china are the same and both abuse human rights the same etc.

at least with most delusions you get to imagine something good, like heaven or whatever. with this one, believing it just makes you a fucking asshole.

fanatic and Winston1 like this.
  3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Looks like we are becoming China. Don't think so? Pay closer attention, your opinion might change.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

just because we are getting worse doesnt mean we are becoming china. like if a child gets taller it doesnt mean he is becoming shaq. its not a useful way to describe the change happening in the US.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. APPTiger

I'm listening. Tell me how we are not moving in that direction?

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we are. but so slowly as to not be a useful point.

its like if a football player starts playing with a little more violence and you say he is becoming more like a serial killer. and its true, a serial killer is violent, and a football player launching harder hits also more violent.

buts its not a useful point if you know what china actually is.

you can say something that is literally true, but what it implies is stupid.

like if i meet a genius. it might be true for me to say "well......he isnt the smartest kid in the world". and thats true, but what if he is literally second smartest. thats very smart! so you wouldnt say that. because it implies the kid is stupid.

china is a far far far different society and government than ours. maybe the least restrictive society vs the most.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Biden has taken America on a 90 degree turn towards being more like China in his very first week in office.

Your logic, while technically correct, is twisted. You might even call it pretzel logic

8. APPTiger

Point taken but I somehow feel like you just called me an overreacting democrat.....

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

china is so racist they wont let any immigrants in. you want citizenship? no, fuck yourself.

the US allows people by the millions in, illegally, and gives them sanctuary cities so they dont even get kicked out for being terrible!

you cannot get a job in china, unless its something only a whitey can , do like be a white native english teacher. conversely, we allow chinese to have jobs in the most important places we have! elite universities, the offices of congress, etc.

china will disappear anyone. jack ma, fan bing bing, they just vanished. thats like elon musk and tom cruise vanishing. they dont give a fuck.

the US is the opposite of china by any relvant standard. human rights, freedom of speeech, tolerance to everyone, etc.

i get it, you are trying to call biden an autocratic asshole. fine. thats true, his agenda is "progressive" and involved bigger government. its not like china.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the BBC and chinese media have banned each other from their countries.

also the BBC just ran news showing how stupid the WHO are for being controlled by china, going to wuhan and repeating what china told them how the virus is actually from frozen imported seafood and vegetables and not the wuhan bat coronavirus lab.

remember everyone, if you say the virus is chinese, you are a fucking racist

Winston1 likes this.