Iran bans Americans from entering LMFAO

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

That is a pretty short sighted view to take pride, and pretty much nails your thought process down. Not everyone in this world will agree with you on that, and who gets to pick the cell size? I have family all over this country and some outside of it, I have three serving family members that are deployed overseas.

For someone who travels out of the country often, I don't want other countries all of a sudden saying since I'm American I need to go through a whole bunch more bullshit. I would think that was pretty bullshit, and I am not talking these 7 countries. But guess what, these types of laws will bring on these sort of back lashes.

Then there are the 1000s of families that are from these countries, they are already refugees here. But maybe have family in Germany, or other places refugees have gone. Now they are scared to even go anywhere, in the threat they might not get back in. Imagine being scared to travel to see your family just based on where you were born, and what religion you are. That is not American, period.

LSUTiga and Winston1 like this.
  2. DeeDee

DeeDee Veteran Member

You are definitely a master debater.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Over reaction. My God.

These are 7 highly volatile countries in which there is now a 90 day process. 90 days. Not a life-time ban. I give zero fucks what the rest of the world thinks of me or my country. Frankly, they should thank every last American life that has fought to keep those rag head bastards over there blowing each-other up. Look at Europe. Its a disaster filled with Muslim Rapist. Not in my country.

Spare me the not American bullshit. We have brushed American values to the side in light of gay culture, Transgender children, Muslim oppression and the infection liberalism. In this country now, if my views are different from yours I am labeled a racist, bigot, homophobe, sexist etc.

Sick of it. Sick of all the outrage over nothing.

There are children starving in AMERICA no one gives a shit about. Veterans who are homeless. The black communities is literally killing-themselves and everyone is worried about these fucking refugees when we cant even take care of our OWN AMERICAN CITIZENS.

This country isn't great not because we let every random Joe in, it is great because the people that came here BECAME AMERICANS. This horse shit of Us changing our culture because it offends them is over.

Thats the last I will say in this thread.

DeeDee likes this.
  4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

well, it's not going to trend in the other direction when we keep killing civilians with drone and ban people from Muslim nations.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

lmao. Not an over reaction, just a different point of view. I am guessing you don't like to hear those, I have read yours. You are allowed to have them, I just think they are short sighted. It is ok to have different opinions, it's ok to have different religions, and it's ok to be born in other countries. And its ok if you gay, and its ok if you don't agree with that, no one cares anymore except you! You should never be treated differently because of it. Something says you would be ok with rounding up the liberals or gays, not sure which one you hate more and putting them in camps. Maybe they can be made to wear donkey and rainbow patches on their shirts so we can tell them apart. Because that is how you are coming across in that last post, wow.

The ban isn't really the huge issue, its the first step that it represents. Its how its going to be perceived by the outside world. And yeah I know its just more hoops to jump through, but its a step in the wrong direction. And its a step towards the rainbow patches.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

The drone program is a huge problem, creating more terrorist than killing imo. Thanks Obama

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And point proven.

Thanks

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Damn I even put an emoji.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good god almighty. I'm not even that religious, I struggle with it and have for years, but I think I'm gonna say a prayer for you. If that's really what you think man you have NO idea what real American values are, or at least we really disagree on what those values are. There I will be fair.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh really??

“The terms of citizenship are made too cheap in some parts of the Union…”

"…It is no doubt very desirable that we should hold out as many inducements as possible for the worthy part of mankind to come and settle amongst us, and throw their fortunes into a common lot with ours. But why is this desirable? Not merely to swell the catalogue of people. No, sir, it is to increase the wealth and strength of the community; and those who acquire the rights of citizenship, without adding to the strength or wealth of the community are not the people we are in want of. And what is proposed by the amendment is, that they shall take nothing more than an oath of fidelity, and declare their intention to reside in the United States. Under such terms, it was well observed by my colleague, aliens might acquire the right of citizenship, and return to the country from which they came, and evade the laws intended to encourage the commerce and industry of the real citizens and inhabitants of America, enjoying at the same time all the advantages of citizens and aliens."

“The safety of a republic depends essentially on the energy of a common national sentiment; on a uniformity of principles and habits; on the exemption of the citizens from foreign bias, and prejudice; and on that love of country which will almost invariably be found to be closely connected with birth, education, and family."

“The United States have already felt the evils of incorporating a large number of foreigners into their national mass; by promoting in different classes different predilections in favor of particular foreign nations, and antipathies against others, it has served very much to divide the community and to distract our councils. It has been often likely to compromise the interests of our own country in favor of another. The permanent effect of such a policy will be, that in times of great public danger there will be always a numerous body of men, of whom there may be just grounds of distrust; the suspicion alone will weaken the strength of the nation, but their force may be actually employed in assisting an invader."

There is much more of this you know.

And here is a bit from Washington:

by an intermixture with our people, they, or their descendants, get assimilated to our customs, measures, laws: in a word soon become one people.”

But you know, they do the above in today's society.

Btw Madison and Hamilton are good reads.

"To admit foreigners indiscriminately to the rights of citizens the moment they put foot in our country would be nothing less than to admit the Grecian horse into the citadel of our liberty and sovereignty.”