Internal dissention a problem for OSU.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I agree with you that some of the OSU playcalling was bad. When LSU got up 24-10 and especially 31-10 I thought it was obvious that the OSU defense had pretty much had enough. That's what I was referring to in fight. Many teams though down 31-10 would lose some edge.

Earlier in the game though I was thinking that the Auburn D was tougher....just physically tougher than the OSU defense.

2. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

You're reply reveals something about you also....that you have the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader. Nowhere do I bash the players of OSU. If you need to spin what I write to fit your agenda then go to an OSU board and you can all agree that it was the watching of a video or the fact that the players couldn't leave their rooms and that you belonged in the game but just had a bad night. OSU was not the #1 team and I believe that all the teams in the BCS, except maybe Hawaii, would have beat OSU.

islstl hits the nail on the head.
    Don't know if you ever played sports but if you did you would know that it was the play of LSU that caused the mistakes. You were outmatched.

3. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

Not to sink levels, but yes I did play football, and my collegiate private school education was a little more than third grade, so think what you like, say what you like, I'm done arguing with you about it. Good luck to the tigers next year!

1 person likes this.
  4. daveeb

daveeb Founding Member

I disagree on the penalties. Every time I got carded in soccer or committed a foul in basketball, that was a mental error on my part.

I do agree on the turnovers, though. Sometimes it was a mental error or a physical error by me (Not kicking the ball at the right angle, not making the right choice with the basketball in my hand), but most of the time it was just the opponent being at the right place at the right time.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well, actually you're both correct, imo. It began with executing and as LSU executed to perfection, it became a combination of LSU continuing to out-execute, confuse, OSU and OSU's younger, less mature players unraveling mentally.

Throw in the fact that they had to have had in the back of their minds, "Oh, no, not again", I can see where what both of you are each saying contributed to it- momentum not only affects physical play but the mind game too. In fact, they go hand in hand.

1 person likes this.
  6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Egg-xactly!:thumb: