Internal dissention a problem for OSU.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

To say that there is no mental aspect to the game, is ridiculous. Enjoy this win, just try and be as classy as the rest of your fans have been.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

it created the frustration among the players that was seen on the feel.

Hatch...you the man and I love your posts. But this really hit me funny....ARE YOU FRUSTRATED?????????????? FEEL ME!!! FEEL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K:geauxtige

3. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Buckeye78,
    First, you don't know me or anything about my "Class." Second, where in my post did I say there is no mental aspect to the game. I am enjoying this win but what I'm tired of hearing from your fans and a lot of the media is how "If" the catch had been made and all the other reasons that OSU lost the game other than the truth. LSU is the better team, OSU was outplayed and outcoached and that is why OSU lost the game.

If OSU fans want to hold onto the "video" or "pressure due to last year" as an excuse then that is just another glaring example of why OSU shouldn't have even been in that game. A true champion finds ways to overcome adversity. What ever happened to "we went out there and played our best and were beaten by a better team?" The excuses make you look weak.

4. daveeb

daveeb Founding Member

Maybe internal problems is an Ohio thing. I was watching Major League, which is based off of the Cleveland Indians. The manager tried a motivational speech about how everyone thought that the Indians were going to lose, and how you have to prove everyone wrong (Like the media). And, then they walked into the stadium, with the fans who thought nothing of their team (Like the DVD). As the movie went on, a bunch of players got in fights with each other and lots of shouting matches (As talked about in this thread).

I'm just glad that the Ohio State team rallied together and fought back against LSU.

5. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

These are mental issues, and IMO, the buckeyes personal fouls, if nothing else, showed there was a serious mental issue in this game for them, and the redemption issue was the basis.

Agreed, 100%. I'm not rationalizing anything. We got beat by a better team, but to say that even had we got some breaks, we still would've gotten beat, is irrational and speculative. I don't know you, and didn't mean to attack you, if that's the way it came across, but the buckeyes did not play a great game, and you shouldn't try degrade our fans for being dissapointed with the way our team performed.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Hear, hear. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  7. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I think this is correct. When LSU made a move and got up 24-10 the game was in-effect over. You could just see the dread on OSU's faces and they knew they couldn't stop us with all the players LSU has. Both of LSU lines started pushing them around and it was over......couple that with the fear on the QB's face and it really was done.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

LSU outplayed Ohio St, but who's to say that Ohio St couldn't have played better with a different mindset...

While the media was giving Tressel the edge as being a better coach, Miles is a much better motivator & he came up with a much better game plan.

Tressel made a mistake attempting to take the "us against the world" mentality & put too much on his players.

9. Cajunboy97

Cajunboy97 Founding Member

LSU was just a "tougher" team mentally and physically. All those close games, 4th quarter come back games, tougher competitions in the SEC... all that helped LSU not to lose composure and to settle down and play ball after the 10-0. How many teams out there can do that???

OSU on the other hand - what tough competition? what big game come back did they have? So once OSU was down, you know they can't make a come back. Also, this is what happens when you're a mainly running team...can't air it nor did they do hurry up? And if your WRs can't out run DBs on a 1 on 1... :dis:

OSU have some good players on their team - BUT as a "team", LSU was/is better and it showed.

10. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

Also only playing 3 tough games (maybe) doesn't help.