Internal dissention a problem for OSU.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

That's because we've faced better O-lines (UT) and by far, LSU's offense was the best and most balanced that OSU faced all season.

2. jwinslow

jwinslow Founding Member

um ok. Like catching the TD pass, blocking the punt (10-14 pt swing right there), and not throwing up a jump ball to a speed wr?

LSU showed they were the better team, but let's not get crazy. Those first two plays go differently, and that's a whole different ballgame.

3. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

First of all, Congratulations on winning the NC! LSU played a great ballgame, and definitely took us out of what we like to do. Tressel was outcoached, again, and it was obvious the team was falling apart, as any buckeye will tell you, this did not look like our team during the second quarter. As for the "there's nothing they could do" comment, that's not entirely fair. They showed that talent wasn't the issue, but rather, discipline, adjustments, and quarterbacking were the main issues I think. But I'll digress to the issue on this thread. It's sad to see the team turn on itself, and was more upsetting to me than the loss itself. Tressel needs to re-evaluate how he's preparing the players, as this was something very uncharachteristic of our team. Whomever predicted that we would be too tight, IMO, hit it right on the head. Congratulations again, I will be rooting for the Tigers to win the SEC every year, as I have never had the pleasure of dealing with such gracious and classy fans anywhere. Good luck next year!

1 person likes this.
  4. cristof11

Thanks and hope that y'all get everything in order and beat USC.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You mean like the OSU interception on a blown LSU pass play? Mistakes happen on both sides and change the face of the game, that's life.

Neither of us will ever really know, let's just say we have an "idea".:thumb:

6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

You are a classy fan yourself, and a good level headed poster. You are welcome here anytime!

7. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

I think the DVD tactic backfired, it's ok to remember the past but not shove it down the old throat!

I guess the Hat is mightier than the Vest!!!

:geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

8. cristof11

The Hat has Lesticles, the Vest doesn't.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

LSU won, in part, because it knew how to respond to a ten point deficit, it had been there before. Put LSU up by ten in the first quarter and I don't think we would have looked back. Once LSU got rolling, it created the frustration among the players that was seen on the field. I agree, thats coaching and chemistry. OSU didn't have it in the game, LSU did.

10. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Jwinslow - the only ones getting crazy are the OSU fans who are rationalizing the loss because of the viewing of a video or because of the pressure, or whatever. It is what it is. OSU was not the #1 team in the country and would lose that game to LSU even with the dropped pass and blocked field goal, by the way, a field goal and a touch down equal 10 points. You lost by 14, even with the gift touchdown at the end of the game. After the first LSU touchdown in the 2nd half, LSU turned conservative to run the clock. Imagine if LSU stayed aggressive.