Internal dissention a problem for OSU.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I have been reading Fisher's Blog everyday and really enjoyed his writing.
    Of course, the team had to eat to refuel the intense practices that they were doing.

2. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Sounds about right, I just read an article where OSU fans were being arrested for beating the hell outa each other...so "classic"!!!:hihi:

3. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

I hadn't heard that. Thats just not right. Those kids earned a shot at the cyrstal and not to be allowed to at least have a little fun while they were there. Thats just BS! Was he "that" paranoid? (Not that it helped). Man...thats just sad! I feel sorry for the OSU players.

4. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I'm not sure if it was Tressel or self imposed by the players...Regardless, it didn't work cause it turned into a high amount of pressure.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Yeah, the buckeyes had one thing on their mind: redemption. When things didn't go as they had imagined, they fell apart. Memories from last year sunk in and before ya know it, its 31-10. Tressel in a way set them up for this, it's one thing to be all about business but these are college kids. Let them enjoy the experience while still maintaining that same focus, which I belive is what Miles did.

1 person likes this.
  6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

The dissention was due to a combination of frustration, pressure and helplessness. But under yesterday's game situation, there wasn't much they could do when they can see the game slipping away thanks to the great execution by the talented LSU team, and the gameplanning that effectively neutralized their defense while keeping the ball away from their offense. The control of their offensive line by the LSU defense made things worse. I don't know how else they could have reacted.

7. prplhze2000

prplhze2000 Founding Member

8. hydrasports205

hydrasports205 Founding Member

One thing's for sure, Coach Miles knows how to prepare for a bowl game!

9. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Honestly, don't make excuses for OSU losing because they were tight, or felt pressure, or weren't allowed to go out. None of those would have mattered. The one area I agree with the ESPN heads is that the Big Ten showed the weakness of their conference....AGAIN. They could have played their best game and still would have come up short. OSU couldn't execute, not because of the pressure of the game, but because of the play of LSU. Way too many excuses for OSU and not enough credit to the Tigers.

1 person likes this.
  10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Miles is right about his "damn strong TEAM".

On the offensive side, LSU has damn too much offensive firepower for Ohio St. to handle, that coupled with the great game plan and offensive plays.

On the defense, the big and strong Ohio St. O line got owned by the LSU defense.

1 person likes this.