Interesting...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, Nov 9, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I was just perusing the ESPN/USAToday poll on USAToday.com when I noticed something. LATech's coach votes. No big surprise. What is interesting is that he commented last week that he felt LSU might be the best team in the country, but didn't vote as such. Sure, I know. Losing coaches always say that the team that beat them must be the best team in the country; this makes the loss look better than it would otherwise. But I wish just once that that coach would vote and back up their statement.

Now before anyone flames me for this, I'm just musing.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That's actually an excellent point that I didn't even think about. I wish he would, but I think Bicknell would still vote for OU based on their thrashing of A&M. He may actually think we are the best, but doesn't wanna be "that guy" that gives LSU a (1) vote next to their name...

3. TennesseeTiger

Well, what I was referring to was LAST weekend when OU had every first place vote, too. Bicknell didn't vote for us then, even after his bold statement.

4. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

I think it would be hard to justify (not that he would have to) voting for a one loss team over a no loss OU team.

5. TennesseeTiger

You missed my point...I'm just saying that he knew he wasn't going to vote LSU #1, so he should have been honest and said, "LSU is probably the 4th best team in the country." If you say it, then back it up.