Interesting Take

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 8, 2021.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

If you have some time, have a listen. Especially for all the Brady lovers and Aranda lovers.

Aranda was the backbone of that championship team as well as the 2016 - 2018 teams. He gone, we have what we have.

Buzz69 and kluke like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He was better than I gave him credit for.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The one thing that is always harder than high achievement - is maintenance of that achievement. .

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The Eaux hire was always a longshot. It all had to fall into place magically. Right players, coaches, etc. I think most thought ED could eventually hire the right people and get the kids because he could recruit as best as any. I dont think ANY of us thought it would be as soon as 2019.

The problem is, Ed has been unable to fill the void. Ed is not a true head coach. He is a recruiter. He is a recruiter that was able to keep a DC on staff for as long as possible and recruited an elite assistant to revamp the offense.

He has been unable to recruit a decent coach since and thus, here we are.

He cannot function on his own. He doesn't have that skill set.

Winston1 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

It was actually Ensminger that brought in Brady. Ed wasn’t even at the 1st meeting.

kcal, Winston1 and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Wow!! Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

The fact that Brady was passing game coordinator is kind of an indictment. His best hire wasn’t even a coordinator.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Interesting that for much of 2019, a lot of people were saying, we could win the NC if Aranda would get the defense straight. I was always a little disappointed in him. He came from Wiscy with the rep of being a pass rush guru, and I never saw that here. So not really inclined to agree with the blogger on that point of his rant, but his thoughts on Oeaux personally are spot on, I believe. Very telling that "arguably the best DL coach in college football history" isn't fixing what has been a horrible DL for the last 11 games.

kluke, tzanghi, kcal and 1 other person like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

Aranda had issues, but the D was worlds better under him. I think O thought he could put something better together, but that has been a resounding failure thus far.

10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

That’s a good point about Aranda. The grass is always greener. I’m pretty sure there was a thread saying that Aranda would cost us a national championship in 2019. Clearly Aranda dominated before 2019 and that helped a lot.

The biggest problem I see is that the players don’t seem to care very much. I loved O initially because the players always came to play for him until last year. He had no business beating Florida and Auburn in 2017, but those teams didn’t give up. Now if we get down 10 points, Stingley can’t cover a TE because he doesn’t give a shit. That’s a big problem.

lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.