Interesting Forum/Members/Topics/Posts

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Buzz69, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

I've been under the weather for the past couple of days so have had time to go back and read a lot of old forum material.

I've come to some conclusions which I think are accurate. One, we are like a very large family. A lot of us get along with each other just fine. Some of us get along with most, but not all. A few get along with very few. A lot of posters would put me in that category. Knock yourself out. I'm not offended.

One thing we all have in common is a love for most things Louisiana and almost all things LSU. Topping the list is LSU Athletics. I think Kyle has done a very good job of setting up a LSU forum where we can discuss just about anything we want. Someone check on him. You may have to call 911 after I paid him a compliment. :D

We have some interesting posters here who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and bring a lot to the table as far as their life experiences. I've been exposed to some interesting points on a wide range of topics and at the end of the day I feel that I've learned a great deal.

Over the last few years I know I've pissed some people off. In most cases it wasn't intentional. If you are among those offended all I can do is apologize. Over the past few years I've been striving to be more tolerant of those with differing opinions. At my advancing age, I don't need to be getting all worked up over a bunch of things that are on a scale of 1 - 10, a 2 at best. There are much more important things to be concerned about.

We have some quality posters here who I've learned a great deal from. I'm not going to name names. I think you know to whom I'm referencing. A couple are mods.

Now let's get back to what we do best. That's discussing all things Louisiana and other current topics of the day.

Lastly, someone check on Kyle. I truly hope he's OK. Worst case, the paramedics might have him on oxygen. :D

Your thoughts/comments on this thread.

fanatic, kcal, GiantDuckFan and 2 others like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I checked on Kyle via text a couple of weeks ago, and I know a couple of others have checked with him as well. He's fine; has a lot going on that is keeping him away from the site, but he is physically OK.

3. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

I thought this topic would have drawn more responses. Is it because it's too lengthy? After typing it & reviewing it, I thought that might be the case. But in order to get my points across I felt it had to be that long.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Buzz I appreciate the post topic and I read your entire post, not to long. But for me a lot of this was covered in the 'Decency thread which Kyle started in January in the main forum. Kyle actually started it with a threat to shut down the site but the posters come together and talked him off the ledge. I don't recall you being in that conversation so if its not one of the threads you reviewed I recommend it. I said my piece on post #35 of that thread if you're interested.

I had given up on anything but trolling the site but that thread discussion enticed me into to posting again, and I'm enjoying it. There were (are) a few specific people that I felt like I just couldn't deal with anymore, but I don't remember your name being one of those.

So, its a good thread topic but maybe hasn't gotten the expected responses because of timing. Its a busy week end and some may feel they have been there - done that.

Hope your feeling better, take care and enjoy the day.

Winston1, Buzz69 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Kluke, thanks for the response & the warm wishes. Back at you. Over the course of a few days I did read the entire Decency thread before starting this thread. And what's funny is after posting this thread I feel a little better mentally. I wish I could say the same physically. I've got a stomach bug that just won't go away. Thanks again for the wonderful response and enjoy the rest of your day.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

it's a fine post, Co,.. not too long

i also feel we Tigerfan's are extended family, we're a lot like cousins in my mind and heart,.. a couple of weeks ago, was my 10th anniversary at Tigerfan, i've learned to love all the regular posters here, every one

Buzz69 likes this.
  7. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Thanks for the response GDF. Congrats on the 10th anniversary. Ain't it amazing how time flies. And let me close by saying you're one of the best out of state posters that frequents this place.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

get a room faggots

fanatic and shane0911 like this.
  9. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Look in a mirror.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i get it. the joke here is that actual faggot is me! i am familiar with this joke format.