Interesting ESPN highlights of the Bama/Ga Southern game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 20, 2011.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It certainly seemed like it.

2. hklsu777

hklsu777 Veteran Member

Agree. At least it was nice to see that Kilpatrick has fully recovered for Bama (I believe it was him I saw return a blocked f/g or something and run it back) in those highlights.

:geauxtige

3. Bama-Kin

Bama-Kin Freshman

I give deserved credit to Ga Southern's offense. They are very effective at running the flex-option. There schemes were a combination of their entire O-line giving good cut blocks, and their skill players being instinctive at the snap. Their QB was a former Ga. Tech player, that has a ton of experience with this style of offense.They were 9-1 in their division, and an upset waiting to happen to somebody.

As for Bama; On offense we never punted. We ran and threw the ball effectively all game. Looked like we pretty much intended to eat as much clock as possible, and keep their offense off the field.
    Special Teams: Kicking game gave up a TD return, and we missed another long field goal.
    Defense; The Alabama media hasn't been lost on the fact that we gave up 300 on the ground. The factors leading up to this are first Ga. Southern motioning to the option side, creating numbers problems. Then we had assignment busts, that led to an 82 yard TD, and them keeping drives going. It didn't help that we a number of guys out for the game due to injury and suspensions. Espescially, along the D-line.

I don't like the idea of the LSU coaches adding any wrinkles to their Jefferson/Option/ PA-pass Randle packages. I'm all for ESPN burying the highlights :)

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's one team it may have benefitted Bama to play before LSU. Course, who knew we'd be more effective on the ground than through the air? I surely thought our receivers would have more impact in that game.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

If there is a rematch in the BCSCG, Miles/Krag/Stud will have a month to install a triple option threat. The LSU campus will be loose. Saban will get the Gumps all puckered up.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Why should anyone be surprised by this? ESPN has been pimping a rematch almost as soon as that FG in OT was scored. From Herbie and Urban immediately after the game, to Schlabach pumping up the rematch hype in every column he's written since. If the Penn State scandal hadn't broken when it did, this would have been the single biggest story for the last 2 weeks.

7. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

8. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

ESPN moved from a new reporting organization to a news making organization quite some time ago.

I think ESPN "jumped the shark" when they dropped Australian Rules Football.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

My question is can we put in a triple option offense between 12/3/11 and 1/9/12?

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Won't need to. We can use the option and rollouts to spread the field sideline to sideline and make those big nose tackles and LBs run all over the field and make safeties play up. The Bama front 7 gets gassed, and then you mix it up with power running and play action to wear out the secondary.