Interesting article on the Gulf War II

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, May 22, 2022.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Anyway, those were good times

Good times are now, you got out there alive.

Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well that points out one of your faults Kiki. You jump to conclusions and don’t bother to understand what is said or think about the past. AGAIN I POSTED THE ARTICLE BECAUSE IT CONFIRMED WHAT I BELIEVED AT THE TIME. CAN YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL???

BornOnTheBayou likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

That's rich coming from the thickest skull at TF.

4. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

I suspect the answer's classified, but if not, how? And it probably would have been Space Command yelling at you. IconLOL.gif

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not classified at all, we were blowing up so much shit, like literally tons of munitions in a single blast. Well one time we got a little ballsy and did like three bunkers at once. Whatever we did they didn't like it and we got correspondence from them very quickly saying "whatever you are doing... knock it off"!

BornOnTheBayou and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

That's strange then. If it was Space Command yelling at you, the only thing I can think of is the large blasts were interfering with their signals from satellites. If that's the case then, they would have to been low flyers in my opinion.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can't tell you the details, not because they are classified but because I don't know. What I do know is we were making shit go boom at levels a combat engineer can only dream of and some government agency, maybe NORAD or Space Cmd I don't really remember but someone told us to cut it out. After that day we were limited to one bunker at a time.

mctiger likes this.
  8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Since you asked. There was and I expect still is a system of satellites that measure large "explosions." Talking missile/rocket launches, or of course, nucs goin off. The rocket launch bit is early warning. I do not know the thresholds. I am sure the technology is light years from where it was in the 80s. Anyhow, expect that big blowup set off a bunch of trip wires. Some of you might remember, now, pretty long ago, a country not to be named was suspected of testing a nuc. Big surprise. Could have been detected by the same system.