Interesting article on the Gulf War II

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, May 22, 2022.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

rockwallfan likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Anecdotal as it may be I was there. Talked to many of the locals and they ALL said without a doubt he had them. More than one person told me that he would have the chemicals made, loaded onto trucks, driven to remote locations and then have everyone killed so that no one knew where they were.

Wild? Sure it is but this was a crazy man! We dug holes to damn near the other side of the earth and never found anything but man, the looks in those locals eyes told a different story.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Wow! You are freaking brilliant! Perry Mason would be proud of you so would inspector Cluseau. So in 1988 Sadam uses a WMD sarin gas on the Kurds before the Gulf war but the MSM and the DEMOCRATS accuse Bush of lying that Sadam had WMD because they couldn't find any after we took Irag. So let's see we are to believe Sadam couldn't have hid them, sent them to an ally or destroyed them before the Gulf war? So we know he had them right? Did he have them when he gassed the Kurds?

Link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_massacre

Well you are 30 years late with this but.......
    giphy_s.gif

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well Kiki it be a surprise but I have always believed Saddam had WMDs and the war was justified. I’m happy to see some evidence finally getting out. As I said I did and do support the invasion of Iraq and deposing of Saddam. Unfortunately we screwed up the occupation royally. Poor decisions in disbanding the Iraqi army and failure to guard arms dumps are the two most glaring…after trusting Chalabi who was in the pocket of Iran and the Shiites.

5. shane0911

Probably got on it too late but they were guarded, 24/7 and during the day we were blowing them up. Some spectacular explosions! We actually got yelled at by NORAD because we were fucking with their satellites

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My point is how disingenuous it was for the DEMOCRATS and the MSM to slam Bush on this. The whole world knew it in 1988. Only slammed you because you appear to only now believe Sadam had WMD's.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Thanks for your service bro

mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  8. shane0911

Funny story, these compounds were full of bunkers, 200+ on each ASP (ammo supply point) we had a team of Georgians attached to us (and not the US kind) One of the bunkers had a few hundred SA-5 rockets inside of it. They were about 10ft long and about 4-5 inches in diameter, typical Russian shit. Well these georgians are doing their best to tell us where to prime them so they will explode "put explosive here" or "put explosive there" so we did the best we could. Had C-4 on each one of those bastards then about another hundred pounds elsewhere in the bunker and then we pumped it full of JP-8.

We got about a mile away and let er rip. What happened next is one of the most terrifying and yet funniest experiences of my life. The lid of that bunker blew about 100' in the air which was cool, it was followed by just about every one of those damn SA-5 rockets which quickly started to resemble a giant pile of floating spaghetti noodles that started shooting off in every damn direction imaginable. We watched the show for about 3 hot seconds before we figured we'd best take refuge under the nearest armored vehicle we could find.

We heard about that one from the Corps level as quite a few civilians were very upset because these fucking rockets were raining down everywhere. One of them damn near hit some old man on his tractor.

Anyway, those were good times

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I suppose for you, that's one of those stories that's funny now but not so funny when watching it happen.

10. shane0911

Exactly, like I said once we figured out what was going on there was a collective and synchronized "OH SHIT"!!! from about 25 people!

BornOnTheBayou, Winston1 and mctiger like this.