Injured Recruit

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Deceks7, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Honestly, that wouldn't matter. If you were T-bob, would you go to Florida the way it is now or go to LSU where you have CLM and your family close by?

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

It wasn't something that just happened. It was documented and never hidden from LSU. It was in the AJC weeks ago.

I believe even in his Rivals interview (after he verballed to LSU) he even mentioned that he was having a surgical procedure on his shoulder but that it wouldn't hinder him in any way for his LSU future.

3. BostonBengal

Just because you turn up the heat on someone doesn't mean you're going to get him.

I can pressure you all I want about you becoming fan of another team--but if you don't want to, it doesn't matter how hard I try.

With T-Bob, he was never going to any place BUT LSU or UGA. And since 90% of his family still lives in Louisiana, he's all LSU.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It was reported a long time ago that he was going to have surgery & he was planning to redshirt anyway, so not a big deal.

Delvin will be able to play again in 2 years, he'll likely greyshirt this year, redshirt the next & then be ready, but he may redshirt this year & lose a year of eligibility the next.

5. BostonBengal

I've always had the opinion that O-line is probably the hardest position (other than QB) for a true Freshman to come in and play right away...and more importantly, have more successful production for his team than mistakes.

It's a little different for a true freshman D-lineman, where you might be able to get away without being well-rounded in multiple techniques (bull rush vs learning to use your hands vs pure speed and quickness) and simply get away with using only 1 or 2 of them.

O-linemen need to learn to react to the combination of speed, strength and technique of college-level D-linemen as well as the complex blitzes.

So, personally, even the best of freshman O-linemen in college football could use a redshirt--unless you're a program that simply a MUST start a true freshman (and if that's the case, your O-line depth has some serious problem).

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I assume he would not count towards the 2007 class? Is that correct?

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

That does not sound good to me. I doubt we see him in a Tiger uniform. From the description of his injuries, I'm glad he is not paralyzed.

8. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Injured or not, Coach Miles did say he would honor the scholarship offer. With the competition LSU faces, that is a true class act.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

T-Bob will still count against this class. Delvin likely won't though.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Coach Miles is the classiest coach I have ever witnessed.

Makes me proud.