I'm seriously considering voting for Obama...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, Sep 25, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I thought the messiah was G.W. Bush, the way the religious right was ready to burn a cross for him.:hihi:

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm glad you agree. So Capital Gains income should be taxed the same as salary income, right. Rich people should not pay less tax just because most of their income is from capital gains.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's not at all what I said. You advocate increasing existing taxes for the "idle rich". I don't.

4. red55

You said we can't base a tax system upon where or how people earn their money, but that's exactly what the "temporary" Bush tax breaks for the wealthy amounts to. I advocate letting those breaks expire as was originally agreed. We can't just keep borrowing money from China so these billionaires can pay less taxes.

What is so hard for republicans to understand? If you want to cut taxes, then cut spending. Cutting taxes without cutting spending is irresponsible.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

There are a lot of guys who work very hard to be professional football players. They work just as hard as Brett Favre, Tom Brady, and others but they don't get paid like them (or get women like Gisele). Why? Because it's not just how hard you work. It's how smart you work, and how skilled you are and have made yourself to be. Fact of life.

To answer your question directly, let me just give you an observation. I've never seen a poor person work 80 hours a week. I see most of them sitting on their butts waiting for unemployment and other checks. And I"m not talking about the guy making 28k/year. I'm talking about the guy making 12k-20k. Anybody can make over 20k a year. Just takes a little work.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Whatever makes you feel smarter than us, Red.

7. red55

What are you talking about? Deek is on this thread. :grin:

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I'm quite surprised that it took you this long, Sergey.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

As well they should!!! It's their EFFING MONEY. The government doesn't effing deserve it.

I stopped reading right here. You truly are a Communist.

Lame. I'm not shining anyone's boots, I just don't agree with you and Marx.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I think a lot of Republicans are still conservative and a lot of Democrats are still moderate leaning liberals but unfortunately the party leaders have gotten out of hand. I believe the left wing extremists are a bigger threat than the right wingers, so I'm definitely worried about an Obama, Pelosi, et al administration.

I'm a registered Republican but John McCain was toward the bottom of my list when candidates were first announced. Even today I'm still not a big fan. I'll vote for him just in hopes he may be able to defeat Obama. Rex may have a problem with that but what's the sense in voting for a third party candidate this year if they have no chance.

How do we truly start a third party or force the leaders of the parties to represent America and not their own special interests? Both of the candidates are primed for failure (in my humble opinion) and yes they do agree on some issues. Both have views on immigration that go against what most Americans believe. Why?...because neither party wants to alienate the largest (and still growing) minority in the country.

People should be worried about big business having influence...we should worry when a candidate receives tons of cash from other countries...we should worry when candidates ride the fence, or only vote present, or change their stance in the middle of a campaign.

How can we take action so we can have two (or more) quality candidates four years from now. Also, how can we take action to minimize the damage this year's winner can do over the next four years?