"I'm a man. I'm 40"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Apr 18, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i agree. I didnt agree with the message but it was one of the more well-written articles from mickey mouse in some time.

And yes, way after the fact, they throw out this article in a veiled attack in an effort to defend their own, once again. no different than the herbie fiasco.

they just used this poor kid who wanted to whine some more in the process.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

that was an odd story. it seemed like they were reaching to create a big story that wasnt that big.

all he had to say was gundy defended the soft kid because you do that for your players and reid didnt understand that and he did a good job of not exploding while having ms. mustain over his shoulder...he probably thought the rant was legit until she got in his ear.

either way i hope he does well next year.

gundy has had quite a few stories come out about him this year and none of them have been positive for him. probably not just a trend.

3. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Coach makes a decison to bench a player.

Player is called soft and a mama's boy in the media, and coach defends player.

I don't see any conflict in what Gundy did. And it was an obvious hit piece on him.

4. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Very interesting read. No matter what the truth is, I was surprised to learn there was another side of the story. Form that assinine rant Gundy made last year, I thought it was a clear case of a coach sticking up for his player.. and that was it. Didn't know there was all this drama behind the scenes. Who knows, maybe the kid's a whiner, but maybe Gundy didn't give him a fair shake too.

But in the end, who cares - when does Tiger Football start again?

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I didn't read anything that indicated to me that the kid didn't get a fair shake.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

agreed. this happens everywhere all around the nation. not saying the kid is bad at all but this situation got extra attention b/c of the rant by gundy.

i still think it's cool what he (gundy) did no matter the motive b/c he took the press to task.

so many of these writers get to dish out shots at coaches and never take any.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm sure there are a lot of kids with great character on the OSU team, but the coach is obligated to put the kids who give the team its best chance to win on the field. When JR was our quarterback, The Hat would praise Flynn for his work ethic and character. I'm betting Flynn never hit him up with,"well, gee coach, then how come I'm not playing?"

1 person likes this.
  8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Seems to me the kid lost his spot to a better player and now he wants to act like a little b*tch... I've never agreed with the idea that you can't lose your spot because of an injury...

9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

yeah, that sounds nice, but somebody goes down, and someone else comes in and plays better than the guy who went down............. what are you going to do?

Bottom line, coach's jobs are dependent on winning. And they have to play the best players,

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Thats what I said... If you lose your job because of an injury.. oh well.. sh*t happens.. If an architect damages his hand and can't draw anymore, his ass isn't getting the next promotion...