Illegal Immigrant killed Mollie Tibbett

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 21, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It is an imaginary line. Maybe not the Rio Grande that’s a natural border. Someone made it up did they not? When you look at North America on a satelite image do you see a border? I see a river, and some dirt.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That’s a bullshit argument Lasalle. Borders are real and are important to a country’s essence. The US-Mexican border has been recognized for 150 years.....see the Gadsden purchase. If we can’t regulate the borders we has no safety, ask the Poles.
    We can disagree on the volume and quality of immigration but the sanctity of borders is critical.

uscvball likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Ask the Tibbet and the Steinle families if borders matter.

4. LaSalleAve

Look I know there is a border, im not saying we should have open borders or let everyone in, and not have border security and I’m not calling for ICE to be abolished, my cousin fucking works for ICE.

All I’m saying is technically, it’s an imaginary line.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Technically, there's no such thing as a line in relationships, they are totally imaginary. But you sure as hell know when one has been crossed.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What about the lines that are electronically painted across football fields to indicate where the first down is? People in the stadium can't see them but TV viewers can. Are they imaginary?

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That only works if the information they give is legit. The murderer and likely rapist, in this case, provided fraudulent information. He wasn't who he said he was. That makes him illegal or at least someone willing to commit fraud, doesn't make the farmer in the wrong and his party affiliation has nothing to do with it.

"Rivera's defense attorney, Allan Richards, acknowledged Wednesday that his client received his paycheck under a different name and that he was uncertain of his immigration status."

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I heard about it very infrequently. I was an avid WWII reader all through school. I was somewhat intrigued but really can’t recall much talk. Turns out, the local paper just had a story about the unveiling of a small plaque.

9. LaSalleAve

You’re good. Never fucking fails.

10. LaSalleAve