I'll Have Some Crow Gumbo

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Dont get too full of yourself you are an E hater. I on the other hand I have been behind him since 2016. Where were you? Hanging out with Tap? who is conspicuous by his absence tonight.

islstl likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Why would E go back to that? Well unless he is winning by a big margin and hiding some offense for the next opponent as he did to Aub tonight. E is just getting started with this great but inexperienced QB. And hey where are the kudos to O for bringing in a game winning place kicker and a kick ass kick off guy.

Would Miles have ever done something like that? Tap?

Chipeace likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You'll have to smoke a shitload to get the munchies for crow.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's my point; he shouldn't. But one unfortunate trait of the Miles era that has so far bled into the Orgeron era is playing down to the level of lower teams. We don't attack and bury lesser opponents the way most quality programs do. We go through the motions and let them hang around. Burrow and his receivers need reps against live comp. Hope CEO will give them the chance.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yum, yum, crow.

I like it. Tastes like chicken.

leroy7500, Brian and Bengal B like this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

crow...the other white meat

islstl, GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Dont think 31-0 is letting someone hang around. You know one trait Miles had for a long time was winning 10 to 11 games a year. He was a master at developing a running fane and finding great backs. If O has some ofvthat fine with me. I dont understand the mindset here. This so called killer instinct. A killer instinct can kill you sometimes. Saban doesnt do that. Apparently as I posted last week E was saving offense for Aub, just as he should have done. Hey we are 3-0 beating two teams we were underdogs to. Is E and O really that bad?

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@Kikicaca I'm not going to rehash SELU with you. After today we will be a top 10 ranked team. If you think our offense's performance in that game was top 10 worthy, good for you. We obviously held a major portion of the playbook back in that game in anticipation of today. I addressed that in the crow eating thread. All I'm saying is, LSU's history against lesser non-conference opponents suggests we will not go at Tech next week with the same aggressiveness we showed today. We really shouldn't need to, to win the game. But at this point, we have more important things than a win over Louisiana Tech on our plate. With two wins over top 10 competition, we are now in the playoff discussion. As you have pointed out yourself on numerous occasions, Burrow is an inexperienced QB who is new to the program. He has had limited time with our system and our receivers. He needs quality reps to prepare for the SEC meat grinder to come. And there's no reason to hold anything back; Bama, Uga, et al are going to scout us by looking at the Auburn game. Its pointless to limit ourselves against Tech.

islstl, Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I don't eat crow...I used to drink Old Crow...or shoot Cuervo !!!

Brian, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My grandfather drank Old Crow. Do they still make that stuff?