If we are down at halftime ....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Nov 2, 2017.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I am pre loaded to lose, and maybe big, but if we try stuff and it flubs, well that is alright.

What will drive me nuts is if we get conservative after a few mistakes, and run up the middle, time and time again. We need to be ready to go down fighting, not just three and out BS.

If the game gets away from us, we should use this as an opportunity (new players, new formations, new everything), not just try to eat up the clock with worthless running plays against 8 or 9 in the box. Geaux, Tigers!

2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Last year he coached that game to win the job. A wide open game plan and 35-10 score would have given someone else the gig. He’s a Cajun but he ain’t stupid.

lsu-i-like and Bayou Tiger like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Excellent point. Didn't think of that although I should have. The last 2 "pocket guys" we have played in this game have gotten absolutely murdered. 2013 Mett and 2016 Etling

4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

That would be the only thing I would think deserved calls for his head. I don't expect to beat Bama, would love it if it happens, but if we go in with the same unimaginative game plan, a lot of folks will be pissed.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Having a game plan to keep us competitive and in the game is one thing. Having the players to execute it is another.
    There's a reason Bama is a 21 point favorite. It's not the game plan.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

I think we are going to see a larger sample of McMillan running the "wildcat," although since he's a quarterback I'm not sure you can call it that. They tested it out against Auburn and he is likely faster than Etling. Plus, anything that throws a curveball at that defense is a good thing. Give them more to think about during the game.

I really think we are going to see a ton of new wrinkles this week.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Late and unflagged of course.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  8. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I'd like a competitive game with no hangover for the rest of the season win or lose.

9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Etling will come to sidelines as usual vs Bama looking like he’s been in a 5 car pile up. Blonde Jesus ain’t ready no way no how. What’s overall word on Narcisse? Raw? Dumb? Or lousy?

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Really. I haven't been able to envision it any other way. I just see him getting murdered when he freaks out again. That's why Brennan will be getting time just so they can put etling back together again.

stevescookin and lsu-i-like like this.