If this doesn't prove to you Trump is a dangerous idiot

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 12, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

then I don't know what would.... you're hopeless.

Cheeto Snatchgrabber recently informed the Navy that we will be sticking with steam-powered catapults on our new aircraft carriers instead of modern digital magnetic systems that wouldn't require massive retrofitting of ship construction and design that's already been placed, cost less to maintain, need less personnel to operate, and damage fewer of our shipboard jet fighters.

So, why would he try to sabotage the wisdom of our admirals and aerotech scientists and designers except that he's an idiot? Just to show them all that he can? Or is it because Vladimir told him our Navy vessels shouldn't be any better than Russian ones? Seriously, WHO KNOWS what goes through the mind of a pussygrabbing lunatic puppet.

"It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–”Sir, we’re staying with digital.”

I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good."

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/trump-may-have-derailed-a-crucial-part-of-americas-futu-1795121555

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Russia told him to obviously.

watson1880 and LSUTiga like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

ZING! love it Pride

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I am insane.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

@Rex in case you don't already know how

shane0911 likes this.
  6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I wore one for years. Even to teach algebra!

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Too funny! Libs are losing it

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Here's another article about the same "super" carrier from the same website. It leads me to wonder if this site might be a military version of The Onion.
    http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/pentagon-orders-lame-independent-review-of-totally-awes-1785957301
    I'll save you some reading and give you some quotes.
    "The upcoming USS Gerald Ford is a $12.9 billion masterclass in neat new tech with electromagnet catapults and super radar and lots of other cool and very necessary things. Who cares if some of these things maybe, uh, don’t work?
    That’s the issue at hand for the Pentagon, now ordering an independent review of the supercarrier (the first new class of carriers in more than 40 years) and its entire $42 billion program..."

“ 'With the benefit of hindsight, it was clearly premature to include so many unproven technologies on the vessel, from those needed to generate power and launch and land aircraft to its radar and elevators to move munitions,' Frank Kendall said in an Aug. 23 memo addressed to Navy Secretary Ray Mabus and obtained by Bloomberg News."

The article doesn't mention a specific problem with the launchers mentioned in the OP article, but it does say the arresting gear that's supposed to catch planes when they land has a 20% failure rate, and the radar system may already be obsolete.

Foxtrotalpha also quotes itself in an article from about a year ago, in which it says "Unlike the F-35, we do not have the luxury of building hundreds, or even dozens of Ford-class carriers in the near term in order to “eventually get it right.”

So....it acknowledges that this ship has multiple problems with new unproven technology, but is furious that Trump would dare order that one of those new systems be pulled in favor of something that is older, but proven to work.

Am I missing something? Have I been punked?

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Gee. I wonder what administration the USS Gerald Ford was designed & built under? I won't need three guesses.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jimmy Carter was a crappy pres but since he was a naval officer and a Naval Academy grad shouldn't he get an aircraft carrier too