If Coach O really loves LSU....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Sep 30, 2017.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

If Coach O really loves LSU..... he'll convince Ensminger to resume the OC position. Cut our losses with Canada at 1.5mil, before canning O at 12mil.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

First off, welcome to the board. I'm not reading anything unreasonable here.

Not to give the coaches any excuses, but there have been scattered posts throughout the last 12 hours that are very revealing if you string them all together. First, the exodus of WRs under Miles. We could be lining up a 4-WR set of Chark, Diarse, Quinn and T. Johnson right now. A lot more confidence-inspiring than what we've got now, isn't it? Then, the OL exodus occurred. Inexperience and lack of depth on the line will botch any gameplan. Five underclassmen starters on defense leave early; they are all contributing to their NFL teams already, so this is a major loss of talent on that side of the ball. And everything depleted further by injuries. Put it together, and we are down about 20 players, not only losses from last year, but the loss of the guys who would have been in line to replace them. That's a lot for any program to overcome.

northernvatiger likes this.
  3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I wouldn't trust Alleva to do another football coach hire. He needs to go first

StaceyO and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Absolutely spot on. Lends more credence to the notion that much of this current debacle is on Miles, and any new coach would have to figure out a way to overcome a bad hand. Whether Coach O is the right man remains to be seen. I would think that any coach would be struggling with this current mess.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Agreed. I should have prefaced that with "if we keep Alleva" which I hope we don't. I'll be ok keeping O for another 2 years if that means we can Alleva.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. mctiger

The WR problem is on Miles. The OL problem is on the current staff. Not sure you can blame anyone for guys leaving for NFL early, and injuries happen.

LSU_4_LIFE and northernvatiger like this.
  7. northernvatiger

I don't disagree. Question though re the OL problem -- couldn't part of the issue be due to the fact that Miles didn't recruit enough depth going back to 2014-2015?

8. mctiger

NOt too sure about that. 12 linemen signed in Miles' last 3 classes. On the other hand, he also wasted 5 scholarships on tight ends he never used.

northernvatiger likes this.
  9. northernvatiger

10. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

How often is the Oline substituted?