If Cleveland Browns hire Michael Lombardi, Alabama's Nick Saban would be likely head coach target

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TIGRIS PANTHERA, Dec 10, 2012.

1. jsberry

jsberry Veteran Member

How would the contract situation work? Is there a $M buy-out if he goes pro?

2. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I have a bet that he never leaves bama with a friend. If I lose it will be the best $20 I ever spent.

3. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Of course they would.

Then they would hate him after he fails, then comes back to be head coach at Auburn.

Sounds familiar huh, Gumps?

Alas, I can only dream...Gumps in tears, trashing their trailers.

Attack Tiger likes this.
  4. msully

msully Founding Member

No he will stay for the ring . But you know and i know he has only one way to go now . Down the SEC ladder . And we know you bama fans cannot take back to back 10-2 seasons So goodbye Nick ,

5. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

You may be correct, but I think his mediocre stint with the Dolphins is something he may want to rectify by coaching in the NFL again.

I think Saban is waiting for Belichick to retire, which will probably happen if he wins it all this year. Why else would Robert Kraft spend so much time in Tuscaloosa?

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Peter King was on Colin this morning and said he didn't see it happening. Colin feels differently.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is probably likely. Nick rarely makes the same mistake twice.

On the other hand, like Meyer and Spurrier at Florida before him, Nick has already done everything he can do at Bama. The future will only bring sky-high expectations, not all of which he can meet, and the grumbling will begin. I think there is a fair chance Nick will have done everything he set out to do at Bama at some point soon and he will move on. Most likely to retirement, the guy is 62. But you can't help but think that Nick could feel like he has unfinished business in the NFL. He might give it another shot before retiring to that lake house in Georgia.

8. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

He strikes me as a guy that will die on the sidelines...a coach for life.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm not so sure. The points made for him staying at 'Bama are all good, but consider: does Saban - personality-wise - strike any of you as the type that is willing to look at his tenure in Miami and say,"Well, my dream was always to be a head coach in the NFL. I had one shot and went down in flames. I guess I'm just not cut out for it." Can't see that, myself. Especially if in a month he's sitting on his third crystal football in four years, and fourth with two programs.

He can either continue at Alabama and re-build someone else's dynasty program, or his ego will demand another shot at the highest level. Which do you think fits his personality?

10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

He loves seeing 90,000 plus show up for practice. He absolutely loves winning. He loves to strike fear into every opponent, yes, including fans and talking heads. He loves success and he loves every single moment of being the "Rolling Stones." Which do you think fits his personality?