I support Coach Orgeron COMPLETELY.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Nov 29, 2016.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

They works show up to the presser with a beer and a bowl of gumbo.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Please be joking.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He better win this bowl game.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

That is a rather curious way to phrase the hope that LSU wins the game. Coach O's job is not resting on whether he wins the bowl game or not. He doesn't even have his whole staff in place.

Let's be clear: the LSU powers that be are quite happy with the current money flow. That's why they didn't bother to conduct a serious search for a coach to replace Miles. That's why the kept Miles as HC for the years during which it became evident that Miles was not improving the program. Let's not take it out on Coach O. Coach O is willing to do what it takes to build a Dynasty at LSU. The LSU "powers that be" are happy if the tickets are sold and the money's flowing in. If the team is 8-4 and the money flows -- they're happy.

Give Coach O a chance. There will be time for Coach Aranda to be promoted to Head Coach some years down the road if Coach O fails, because we know that if Coach O fails, LSU will "go cheap" to replace him. I must say this with a caveat, because if Aranda is an attractive head coach for another program, LSU will most probably not "be held hostage" by any bidding "war" to keep Aranda as LSU head football coach.

LSU fans have a right to be a bit miffed, but, IMHO, we should be miffed at the Administration, not the head football coach.

TheRealist, Winston1 and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I didn't say it would cost his job. It will however in my opinion be bad for him.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No doubt. His fans are looking for reason TO support him and his naysayers are looking for things to point a finger at. This game is important to him in terms of that. What sucks is that bowl games are not REALLY a good way to gauge these things.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I agree with you both. The optics of losing the bowl game would be awful. A convincing win would be a nice boost for the program and Coach O.

ROY_LA_CA and LSUTiga like this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Indeed a nice way to punctuate a somewhat salvaged season.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.