I like Etling. He plays with fire. But its time to move on...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

You have to wonder if those knees will hold up in the SEC. Mobile QBs take a beating in our conference, so I hope the young man is fortunate enough to stay healthy.

Etling is the kind of guy you need behind the starter. Reliable and good enough to lead the team in limited duty. Guys tough as nails and he’s been a good Tiger!

asignupe99 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The question is how well has Narcisse learned the offense while redshirting and has Canada been able to tutor him on his passing techniques.

I hope you're right about next year's OL.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

There is absolutely no reason that a pro style QB can't beat Bama. You don't need a guy who can run a 4.4. You need a guy who can make the throws and pick up 5 on a scramble. LSU had two of those guys in the 2000s, both named Matt. Even if you don't have a QB with that kind of athleticism, if the kid has poise then that will do. Fast does not always equal mobile.

4. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Mett wasn’t mobile and he would have beat them if he had a defense that year.

5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Blonde haired Jesus needs to show something. Thus far I’m underwhelmed.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

On the contrary he has actually shown a lot. A quick release, seems cool and calm at QB, good pocket awareness for an 18 year old freshman and decent legs. Put 20 lbs on him and a year under Canada's system and I am very encouraged.

Rouxleaux and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Mauck and Flynn were fairly mobile and both were very smart I think Brennan is just a hair less mobile but is taller and just as smart. You have to be very smart to master Canada's complicated system and demands at QB. I am betting Brennan will be what we need next year. I like what I have seen from hin so far. However we will need a Narcisse or a stud Juco or at least a 4 star QB recruit on our bench next year.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Brennan looks mobile enough, and to be able to bring in a truly mobile QB is exciting to me. But I think with a better passing game we destroy Bama this weekend.

didit likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The kid from Arkansas could be a great pickup.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I’d feel better about all future quarterbacking if LSU had an OC more focused on passing. I stand by my impression of Canada’s offense as Three Card Monty.
    The development of a qb’s ability of being able to read at the line, drop back, scan, read progression, and make that ‘holy Fuck how’d he get it in there?’ throw on 3 rd and 11 from our own 17 vs the Bamas ain’t going to come from Canada. That’s where I’m at.
    He runs a gimmick style offense that will be stale before it ever becomes effective.