I like Etling. He plays with fire. But its time to move on...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Was that when Alex Smith was da Utes QB?

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

No, after Smith. Johnson I think his name was, or maybe Jones.

3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I thought he was redshirted

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He was. Good move if he doesn't fit into the plans this year but no way he is here fpr 4 years unless he starts and turns out to be not good enough to make the jump to the NFL when he's a junior. I'm predicting that Brennan will be the starter and Narcisse will transfer to a JC so he can play next year and sign with an FBS team the next. Sucks but these days kids don't stick around unless they are numero uno.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I hope we see both.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I agree. I called for the switch to happen this week in another thread, but I would feel differently if the next 3 opponents were playing better than they are.

7. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Like tirk said, it's about winning every single game we can. Bowl picture, coach resume, etc. Ain't gonna be no experiementing with any game on the line.

kcal, 65Grad and tirk like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I look for Narcisse to give Brennan a run. I think you would have seen him and @asignupe99 can probably speak better to this but Narcisse going into this season just came off of his 2nd major knee surgery, I think that had a lot to do with the redshirt.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe but I had heard that in fall camp Narcisse was not very accurate on his passes. I hope he gives Brennan some real competition in the spring and fall.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Narcisse basically missed two seasons of football. You could count this redshirt year as a third. Not surprised he's inaccurate given the limited opportunities he's had to play and practice at full health, using his full body to set and make throws. I also don't think he stays beyond next year. I rarely go the "you owe the school" route but he does. LSU stuck with him when most other big majors backed off. He needs to give it his all next spring and in fall camp and be ready for season if Brennan falters.

I do not think Narcisse, or anyone else on the current roster, will beat Brennan for QB1. Just saying his athletic ability is what you need to jump that hurdle. The post-2011 (meaning a loss to Utah back in what, 08 or 09 is pretty irrelevant) Tide defenses are beaten by athletic guys that can make plays with arm and feet. Not necessarily spread offenses but it helps a lot. I'm saying 2011 because it seems to me that would be the time when Bama defenses became something else. They plug and play and stay consistent save for a hand full of hiccups. Most of those hiccups are very talented guys. Nick Marshall (thanks for correction on that) who probably never played better that night because he was horrible, being a major exception. Les was right about needing a mobile QB. Just did a shitty job finding them.

I believe it will be Brennan but I hope he's not a statue. Don't look now but LSU will have one of the best 2 or 3 O-Lines in CFB next year if Clapp comes back. Which he should. Those guys are gelling. The time is now...or 2018 rather. If this team doesn't capitalize it's gonna be a rough few years for Ed O.

Bayou Tiger and Winston1 like this.