I hope EVERYONE reads this comment by Tom about our veterans

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMJ, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Eisenhower was the president who sent advisors to Vietnam

JFK and LBJ trying to get us out of Vietnam??? What a crock of shit. They were trying to play both sides against the middle and keep themselves in office while letting the military attempt to fight a war with one hand tied behind it's back. Failure to declare war kept the manpower, financing and allied support to a minimum while the Viet Cong and NVA were conscripting every man woman and child old enough to hold a rice bowl into the fray. Those who answered the call and did not run to Canada or hide behind the skirts of deferment should be held in high esteem. Not criticized by the likes of you who think it's your right to decide whether it's worth the effort.

2. Tom

Tom Founding Member

I NEVER criticized the soldier, I criticized the rightwing armchair militarists

Point out ONE single post where I criticized the enlisted guy. I didn't, so you would be wasting your time looking. In fact, I feel sorry for the family survivors of soldiers killed because the rightwing nuts seem to want to play war with OTHER PEOPLES' LIVES. Why didn't Phil Gramm go into the military? How about Dan Quayle? How about Sapling? etc. The bottom line is the elephant men in this country are exceptional at starting wars but don't seem to have to stomach to directly put their lives on the line.

3. SabanFan

Re: I NEVER criticized the soldier, I criticized the rightwing armchair militarists

Look at the quote attributed you in the 1st post of this thread you sanctimonious little weasel. I'm sure there are others and I'll point them out when I get more time.

4. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Read it, peabrain, and I had been talking about the rightwing politicians

So I suggest you keep looking because you failed miserably on this effort. The people trying to fight the war referred to the armchair decision-makers in Washington and around the country who continuously try to scare people into supporting their aggression around the world. That is the SAME message I have said the entire time, so I suggest you ATTEMPT to read messages before you try to respond to them.

5. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

ummm tom

"Point out ONE single post where I criticized the enlisted guy"

how about this one????

"Listen, JERK, just because you were a DUMBASS to try to fight a ridiculous war, don't blame the people who would not have been over there to begin with

and so kennedy and johnson pulled us out right? they didnt escalate or send troops right? whby didnt the demos get us out of vietnam while they were in the white house?

heres why the rest of asia ddnt go red. it took the communists over a decade to force a draw with us in an unpopular war. how many tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of us troops were stationed in the phillipines, okinawa (sp), etc? how many other other nations would have joined us had they tried to advance past vietnam

6. SabanFan

Re: Read it, peabrain, and I had been talking about the rightwing politicians

The truth slaps you square in the face and you ignore it. I said I was a Vietnam Veteran. You called ME a jerk and a dumbass (for trying to fight a ridiculous war). I am neither a politician nor am I an "armchair decision maker in Washington". You called me out and I shot you right between the eyes. Now, like we used to say as children playing cowboys and indians: You're dead...fall down.

7. Tom

Tom Founding Member

>>The truth slaps you square in the face and you ignore it. I said I was a Vietnam Veteran. You called ME a jerk and a dumbass (for trying to fight a ridiculous war). I am neither a politician nor am I an "armchair decision maker in Washington". You called me out and I shot you right between the eyes. Now, like we used to say as children playing cowboys and indians: You're dead...fall down.

No, you simply show you aren't bright enough to follow a thread. One of my earliest points (one made by Biggles also I believe) was that the rightist wingnuts are the one who START wars, but don't have the guts to have served themselves when they were younger. The elephant men politicians seem to always find a way to AVOID military service while always wanting to start wars anywhere they can. Typical GOP hypocrisy. The reason I called you a jerk and a dumbass was not because you went to Vietnam. The reason I questioned your intelligence is evident in all your posts. You don't even comprehend points made. As far as shooting between the eyes, I will ASSUME you had some sort of head injury in the service -- that would explain quite a bit. As far as playing Cowboys and Indians, perhaps a thought provoking board game would have exercised your mind more and improved your logical thought. You just got wiped off the board, and I'm not talking Monopoly, LOSER!

8. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

BS, your post said "because you were a DUMBASS to try to fight a ridiculous war"

try to lie your way out of that

9. SabanFan

No further response needed. You consistently hoist youself on your own petard.

10. miketiger

miketiger Founding Member

Tom, name the wars started under Republicans? WWI Wilson, WWII Roosavelt, Korea Truman, Vietnam Kennedy. All fine Republican Presidents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.