I hated seeing LSU getting beat, but wouldn't trade this weekend for anything!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Nov 5, 2018.

1. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

Fellow Tiger fans!

This won't be much solace as I can't think about the game without getting upset, but I'm a grad from 1993. I drove down from Virginia Thursday night with my three older kids, and I can't begin to describe the mood, the atmosphere, the absolute spectacle I witnessed on campus.

Baton Rouge and LSU did not fail to impress me and my kids to the highest degree. The weather was perfect, damn near heavenly, the campus was alive with energy, and it went on for miles and miles! People everywhere, music everywhere, the smell of Jambalaya, BBQ, Gumbo everywhere from Friday through kickoff!

Treated my crew to Alligator and Boudin and PoBoys at The Chimes, caught a live band from New Orleans with some serious horns playing just down State Street. Grabbed some frozen Daiquiri's (don't have those where live) Tailgated with a life long friend of mine (Big Will) outside the horticulture building. Hell, we even took one of those bikes from where we had to park out by the levee to get on campus! During the game, I screamed my head off when Bama was trying to take snaps, we stayed till well after the game was over, even caught the golden band from Tigerland marching out of the stadium.

I can't quite put to words what I'm saying, but besides kicking the hell out of Bama and storming the field, there was absolutely nothing disappointing about our trip to dear old LSU!

I'm still on a high from our trip, thank you LSU and Baton Rouge for a trip of a lifetime!

Attached Files:

Brian, Jean Lafitte, Richdog and 11 others like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So did your kids make the decision that was where the were going to college after this weekend?

3. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

I was wise enough to wait till my oldest son graduated from Radford University in VA and my daughter is a Freshman at Virginia Tech.
    She says she's transferring after this weekend - lol!

My youngest son, I've probably lost him to Baton Rouge, but it was too big of a game to miss!

4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

It was the best regular season weekend probably in the history of the state. Both LSU and the Saints with high profile matchups. Would love to have seen both teams win. Oh well....

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Did you go to watch the Saints too?

Brian and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Glad you had a great time.