I got the Rona

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 17, 2020.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I will admit i am scared of it.

If i get it i die.

I am a diabetic of 26 years and am in kidney failure and on dialysis.

I will be working on site the next 2 weeks at a biotech customer.

I wear my mask and wash my hands constantly to be as safe as i can.

I am considered an essential worker and carry a letter saying so.

This disease is an unknown and with the after effects no one should be wanting to get it and say they will kick its ass. What if you have a condition you dont know.

Everyone be careful. In my work sometimes i handle packages with tissue samples for storage. Go into labs doing any type of research on diseases. Research on new drugs. I can tell you the companies doing research are very carefull in dealing with this virus. If they take it serious we should.

2. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

@Winston1 Yesterday I asked the very simple question as to why you wear a mask indoors? Are you going to reply?

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

locally, we had a seemingly healthy early 50's man die from getting covid and dying 2 weeks later. His wife died this morning....

the scary thing is there seems to be no rhyme/reason it affects some fatally and some with the sniffles, pre-existing conditions not withstanding....

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

First because if I’m infected wearing a mask reduces the potential spread from my breathing. As most cases are asymptomatic it’s the conservative choice to make IF you’re considerate of others health. Secondly because it is a condition of entry into most commercial places and my church. Is it that big a sacrifice to err on the safe side?
    If you’re asking whether I wear a mask in my house, while running outside or while driving.....I don’t.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. USAFRet66.86

I was.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Do you understand now?

7. USAFRet66.86

I do. Do you? IconLOL.gif

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Winston1 likes this.
  9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

When you're wearing a mask you're killing yourself and spreading corona more. When you breathe you're concentrating a very large viral load on the mask and a lot of that you intake again, making your condition worse and setting up a weird, unnatural virus distribution in your body. And then when you touch your mask - and you will - you touch this large viral load warehouse and put it in places others are likely to touch as well - like door knobs/handles. If you would let the virus normally expel from breathing it would be disperse sparsely and properly, unlikely to infect people.

Don't wear a mask, Don't touch your face and then touch stuff other people touch, and don't cough and sneeze in other people's faces , better yet, stay home if you're coughing and sneezing. Now you're really doing something.
    I steer clear of people wearing mask - they're potential virus supercenters and all pro spreaders.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    shane0911 and Jmg like this.
  10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

No ... you are not guaranteed to die!!

Get out in the SUN as much as you can. UVB light has two benefits.

1) Exposure to UVB stimulates the production of Antimicrobial Peptide in the skin. AMP is a component of the innate immune system, and it is a major killer of rona. UVB stimulates its production and the blood circulation picks it up and circulates it to the rest of the body including the lungs.
    2) UVB stimulates vit D production. Vit D controls the cytokine storm everyone is talking about. Since you are diabetic, you really need to be on supplement of D3. If you get a good bit of sun exposure to your skin, 1000-2000 IUs. If you are an inside dweller like most diabetics, then 2000-4000 IUs.

Do the above and lose the anxiety. Not saying don't be smart, but the science does not say ALL diabetics die. It just says many people who die have diabetes. There is a difference.

shane0911 likes this.