I got the Rona

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 17, 2020.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

There's not much more I can add to the well written & thoughtful sentiments and well wishes already expressed. You are indeed a man of courage and a true Tiger & an inspiration to all of us. Fight to the end my friend.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I have a feeling you'll get the best case - and we'll pray for it.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I never know what to say in these situations but the entire Tigerfan.com nation is rooting for you.

Maybe nation is too big a word. Village? Hamlet? Ask tiga what they call Bunkie

StaceyO likes this.
  4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I have been to bunkie. If you took all the best parts they would not fill up a kiddie pool.:)

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They do have a Walmart

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

A gulch?

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Goats

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Just to give an update I have been accepted for a gene therapy trial of a new procedure down at Houston methodist. The guys at md anderson basically wrote me off. I appreciated the honesty but 6 weeks of radiation and chemo every 28 days for the rest of my life didn't sound very appealing. They told me if I did nothing I had 6 to 12 weeks to live.

The trial I am on only involves roughly 70 people. So I consider myself blessed to have been picked. The trial I am on is cutting edge. It involves splicing a herpes gene into a common cold virus followed by injections on valtrex which is a herpes drug. Followed by a 5 day stay in the hospital. Following that I have 6 weeks of radiation therapy + chemo treatments followed by chemotherapy for the rest of my life.

I am scheduled for surgery Feb 2. As it is unknown how my body will react to the surgery I felt it best to put these words down now while I have my abilities in tact. If I don't survive the surgery or if If it takes me longer than expected to recover I wanted to put these words on the internet so there is a record of them.

Without getting to deep into why this happened just know it has and there is evidence now that covid-19 did play a part in my glioblastoma. If you would like to know more just look up Dr Baskins at houston methodist.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I've gotten to know what I consider a lot of brave people in my life time. Cops, fire fighters, veterans who fought in wars, etc. Although I've personally never met you, I consider you one of those brave people. You are fighting your battle with courage, grace, & dignity. God bless you my friend & best of luck. I think I can speak for everyone in this web site. We are praying for you.

fanatic, kcal, Frogleg and 1 other person like this.
  10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I wish you the best of outcomes and peace at all times. We will all be pulling for you.

GiantDuckFan, fanatic, kcal and 2 others like this.